Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Of course all the Pacific teams playing tonight win
A little too early for scoreboard watching for me. I'm just hoping the Flames can put their game together. Then they'll make the playoffs, and we can start pulling for which teams we want to fall out.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
A little too early for scoreboard watching for me. I'm just hoping the Flames can put their game together. Then they'll make the playoffs, and we can start pulling for which teams we want to fall out.

Never too early for me. I don't make a big deal out of it this early, but I still generally cheer for fellow division teams to lose, and for East to beat West.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas down the blues in OT.... I'm starting to think we selected the wrong GG to be our head coach if Gallant can do that with Vegas's roster. Things are going to be pretty though with Subban going out injured... hopefully Fleury returns soon.

Reactions: Flameshomer

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Vegas does it again and down the Blackhawks... this team still has a few surprises left up there sleeves.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Vegas down the blues in OT.... I'm starting to think we selected the wrong GG to be our head coach if Gallant can do that with Vegas's roster. Things are going to be pretty though with Subban going out injured... hopefully Fleury returns soon.

We didn't have the option on Gallant.
The guy was fired in Florida and made the GK coach very shortly after (even if it wasn't announce until a bit later).

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Anyone else notice Baertschi having a strong start to the season? 3 points last night, 2 goals. 8 in 10 games. It was a long time ago but I for one am actually happy he is succeeding in the nhl. Confidence was alway an issue.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
The KHL is already ~28 games into their season, and there's currently a 3-way tie for the league scoring lead with 35 points between Ilya Kovalchuk, Nikita Gusev, and... Linden Vey (Vey has played fewer games too; ex-Flame Nigel Dawes is #4).

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Anyone else notice Baertschi having a strong start to the season? 3 points last night, 2 goals. 8 in 10 games. It was a long time ago but I for one am actually happy he is succeeding in the nhl. Confidence was alway an issue.

Still would rather have Andersson. He could make us look like real idiots though.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

He's found a good fit beside Horvat and Boeser. That line has a nice balance.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Montreal really bending Ottawa over. As someone who kinda likes Ottawa this is tough to watch.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It honestly is one of the most remarkable stories this season. There have probably only been half a dozen goalie injuries league-wide so far this year, and Vegas has 3.

Reminds me of our series in '04 against the Canucks.

EDIT: Although, researching this again, Hedberg didn't get injured. He just sucked his way to the bench.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Auston Matthews is unbelievable. I really think he probably ends up the greatest American forward of all time, if not the greatest American player overall.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Auston Matthews is unbelievable. I really think he probably ends up the greatest American forward of all time, if not the greatest American player overall.

Agreed. In all honesty if I had to pick between him and McDavid to start a franchise with I’m pretty sure I’d pick Matthews.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Agreed. In all honesty if I had to pick between him and McDavid to start a franchise with I’m pretty sure I’d pick Matthews.
I think it's a bit soon to be saying this, but I can see the argument. His goal scoring ability combined with his size, strength, and obvious talent for puck possession have turned Toronto into an instant powerhouse. He's a monster.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Kane-Eichel-Wheeler
Tkachuk-Matthews-Gaudreau

That top 6 is just nasty. The Americans are going to be extremely good at the next international tournament. Perhaps we should all be happy canadians about the lack of NHLers at the olympics

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kane-Eichel-Wheeler
Tkachuk-Matthews-Gaudreau

That top 6 is just nasty. The Americans are going to be extremely good at the next international tournament. Perhaps we should all be happy canadians about the lack of NHLers at the olympics

I mean, the Canadian top 6 wouldn't exactly be a bunch of slouches...

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Something like:
Benn-Crosby-Seguin
Tavares-McDavid-Schifele
Toews-Bergeron-Marchand
Carter-Getzlaf-Perry

Don't get me wrong, this forward core would be the best in the tournament, but I feel like our juggernaut status makes us play down to other teams in most international tournaments, whereas that plucky american group would have a lot of talent and a lot of drive to upset us. I do wish the olympics were still a go so we could see it in action! Russia could also reunite that fearsome Kucherov-Gusev-Tarasenko line from the WJC that just annihilated us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->