Around the NHL #15 - Ovie is Not a Choker Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Vegas won again. Subban getting his frirst career win, Tuch and Ship getting their first NHL goals.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Nice solid game by Vegas, they don't have the talent other teams do and the make up for it working hard and smart each shift. Subban unlucky not to get the shut out there though.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Nice solid game by Vegas, they don't have the talent other teams do and the make up for it working hard and smart each shift. Subban unlucky not to get the shut out there though.

I fully suspect a collapse will happen sooner or later, (with or without Fleury). A team that lacks depth the way Vegas does cannot sustain.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Vegas is all depth

The only thing that will hold them back is lack of star power, and if Neal keeps playing like he does then they may not be lacking in that category

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I fully suspect a collapse will happen sooner or later, (with or without Fleury). A team that lacks depth the way Vegas does cannot sustain.

I do too, but might aswell enjoy the good while it lasts...... unless the golden knights go on a 1 in a million year run and some how sustain their game through out the season and sneak into the playoffs :P But I fully expect the team to come crashing back down to the basement where they belong.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I like their depth upfront. If Tuch can keep playing like he did in his debut that would be a nice added wildcard.

They have good #3-7 depth on the blueline but lack the quality.

If they get hit by injuries though, they'll be in rough shape though as there isn't much help in the minors.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I’m happy for the Knights. Their city really needs something right now, so, it’s nice they’re starting hot.

I don’t foresee this continuing much longer; but who knows. They’re one of the best coached teams in the league while having some bits and pieces of a good squad.

I see this team as one that’ll have a few prolonged loss streaks this year.

Reactions: TychoFan

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I’m happy for the Knights. Their city really needs something right now, so, it’s nice they’re starting hot.

I don’t foresee this continuing much longer; but who knows. They’re one of the best coached teams in the league while having some bits and pieces of a good squad.

I see this team as one that’ll have a few prolonged loss streaks this year.
I don't agree with any of this. I would like to add one thing though, I think the tragic events have sparked the team. They know the city needs something, they know they are currently the only pro sports team playing there, so in turn it has given them even more motivation. It kind of reminds me of the run the Yankees went on after 9/11. I also believe these guys are motivated because they weren't kept by their previous teams and they want to show them up. I don't know how long this strong play will last, but I wouldn't be shocked if their strong play lasted until the Christmas break.

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Ottawa versus Western Canada:
Calgary: 6-0 victory
Edmonton: 6-1 victory
Vancouver: 0-3 loss

Alright then...

Also pretty neat play/goal by Crosby!

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I actually can't believe we weren't able to muster any offense, let alone score, against this putrid Edmonton defense. They all look so lost

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
McJesus f***ed us not the oilers. Seems he's been sleeping the rest of the season. That and Talbot sucking to start the season have really pointed out the glaring holes in the lineup

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I actually can't believe we weren't able to muster any offense, let alone score, against this putrid Edmonton defense. They all look so lost
We were really, really, really, really bad. Weren't skating at all. Any defence can look good against a team that isn't skating.

Reactions: Cyrano

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Like, at least with us last year, there was an excuse - we had a new coach who preached a drastically different system, we had a new look on defense, we had a new goaltending tandem... Oilers are just straight up underperforming. Maybe they just need another four first overall picks to sort themselves out.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We were really, really, really, really bad. Weren't skating at all. Any defence can look good against a team that isn't skating.

Yeah. Calgary played like shit that first game; almost any team in the league could have beat us.
Couldn't of happened to a better team though. After this summer; for every single Flames related thread being derailed here and us reminded how we'll always just be little brother... it's awesome this is how Edmonton starts.

It's still super early, but I'm all for building up an early lead on the Oil.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So Vegas is 5-1 and Edmonton is 1-4. Just like everyone predicted.

Edmonton has a tough road trip coming up, too. Not like it's going to get any easier. Next four games are in Chicago, Philly and Pittsburgh, then home against Dallas.

Aug 3, 2010
The Oilers lack depth, whereas their high-end skill is top-5 in the League. Meanwhile, Vegas is almost the polar opposite, both in playstyle and average ability up and down the roster. Either way, even though it shouldn't last, it's been a pleasure.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
It better not last, I don't want to have to stomach Rasmus Dahlin to Edmonton. They should find a steady spot on that 10th-in-West treadmill

Brady is in the same range too. Ugh.

Edmonton needs to get their game together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad