Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1715037568568.jpeg

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Some of you guys are way too confident in Florida beating Boston.

I agree that they're favoured, but Swayman is an elite goalie, and Florida was winless in the regular season against the Bruins.

Reactions: Ladyfan

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010

I agree that they're favoured, but Swayman is an elite goalie, and Florida was winless in the regular season against the Bruins.
Boston is also genuinely very good defensively. Can they generate enough offence against Florida to beat them? Personally I don’t think so, but stranger things have happened.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

You're being proven right tonight.

I can say I also felt Boston stood a good chance of winning this series before tonight, but favored Florida. Not so sure who I favor anymore though lol.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Boston giving off '93 Hab vibes. Not an overly talented team, but riding superior goaltending and total defensive buy-in.

Still think Florida takes it....assuming Bob doesn't do one of his 'turn into a pumpkin when you need him most' moves.

Also amazing how quickly the arena emptied out.

Reactions: Tuna99

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
It would be so Sens for Boston to make the ECF and drop the pick to the bottom of R1.

I hate the leafs and will never cheer for them but this possibility is why it would’ve been better for the leaf to pull out a victory one. I’m much more confident in Florida knocking out the Leafs in round two than Boston.

Florida had a long rest hopefully that’s why this game ended up the way it did. And hopefully Boston will tire as this series goes on.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
See what a elite goaltender can do for an average team! Boston would be a bottom team if not for Swayman and Ullmark. Goaltending is everything, except if you're Edmonton and your PP clicks at over 50% which is unsustainable

Reactions: aragorn

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
You are on the wrong side of this and should just stop.

It is an incredibly insensitive and disgusting depiction. Promoting it or downplaying it is for insensitive and disgusting humans.
Empathy and self-reflection requires a level of intelligence.

I enjoy a lot of offensive humour, but the key to those jokes is that the joke is not on the victim and is definitely not just saying "hey, you know this awful thing that happens to people constantly?... pretty funny, huh?"

Reactions: OD99 and maclean

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I know a Florida win is better for us with the pick, but this Boston team is just so likeable.

See what a elite goaltender can do for an average team! Boston would be a bottom team if not for Swayman and Ullmark. Goaltending is everything, except if you're Edmonton and your PP clicks at over 50% which is unsustainable

Boston is constantly producing great goalies, what I'd really like is whatever part of their staff is causing that to happen

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Boston giving off '93 Hab vibes. Not an overly talented team, but riding superior goaltending and total defensive buy-in.

Still think Florida takes it....assuming Bob doesn't do one of his 'turn into a pumpkin when you need him most' moves.

Also amazing how quickly the arena emptied out.

The loses of Bennett is huge, talk about a dude who embodied the style of play they wanted, they just don’t seem scary with him out

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I know a Florida win is better for us with the pick, but this Boston team is just so likeable.

Boston is constantly producing great goalies, what I'd really like is whatever part of their staff is causing that to happen
Let's hope that Nashville hires John Ferguson Jr in that case

The loses of Bennett is huge, talk about a dude who embodied the style of play they wanted, they just don’t seem scary with him out
I remember getting flamed on here for proposing Hoffman for Bennett back in 17/18. Guy has always been a gamer, smart and decently skilled.

Reactions: Tuna99

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Empathy and self-reflection requires a level of intelligence.

I enjoy a lot of offensive humour, but the key to those jokes is that the joke is not on the victim and is definitely not just saying "hey, you know this awful thing that happens to people constantly?... pretty funny, huh?"

I don't know how you say in english but in french we say "blague de mauvais goût", just bad taste humour. There's enough material for humour in life that we don't desperately need to be able to laugh at everything, especially when it's tragedy and real life drama. People who can't see that nuance might have some BPD or other mental illness.

A friend put me in some kind of dark humour group and once in a while there is a really bad taste joke posted and some people are offended. Then the guy answers "hey this is an humour group and if you don't like it, go away!" What was it the last time? Not sure but something related to the death of a children. I have friends and my ex brother in law who lost a young child. Even my childhood best friend lost his little brother when we were just kids. There's absolutely nothing funny about it.

These people just really don't have this emotional intelligence you're talking about to understand this.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Lovely seeing the Panthers smacked. They were carried by Bobo and the refs last year and were always pretenders.

Maurice is a blowhard and I can't wait for Boston to beat the crap out of them. Hope Marchand gets a few licks in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad