Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Backes just threw a elbow right to the head of Andersen.

Man, toronto just got f***ed. Polak to the box for sticking up for Andersen. Should have been 4 for Backes and 2 for Polak but only 2 each.

What a joke.

Reactions: BK

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Panarin has had no points the last two games, now in the final minutes of another game with the series on the line

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
seth jones is a star...if columbus can get one or two more pieces up front within the next few years they will be a force. jones werenski panarin bob is a good core. wonder if tavares would ever think about going there?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
The exact topic is ongoing in two threads, but I do recall people harshing on Panarin. That's part of the focus of him being a goal scorer and single focused things like that... I didn't like people having that view of Cat to start this year.

And Panarin was ppg, but started weaker games and had nothing in game 7 but people so focused on hes a goal scorer he needs to score goals focused on 2 goals yet he had plenty great assists like the pass to Weise behind the net in game 6 I think.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Everytime the Pens have won a Stanley Cup they have gone thru Washington

1991 = Defeated Caps in 2nd round 4 games to 1
1992 = Defeated Caps in 1st round 4 games to 3
2009 = Defeated Caps in 2nd round 4 games to 3
2016 = Defeated Caps in 2nd round 4 games to 2
2017 = Defeated Caps in 2nd round 4 games to 3

All time the playoff history between franchises is heavily tilted in Pens favor

Pens and Caps have faced each other 10 times in playoffs. Penguins have won 9 of those 10 matchups

Only time Caps won was in 1994 when they took out Pens in 1st round in 6 games

If I was a Caps fan I would really hate the Penguins franchise

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So it is safe to assume BWC did not watch any of the Caps/BJs series since he refused to answer the question....HILARIOUS.

Reactions: RayP

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Actually I did in the Ex-Hawks thread

This idea that Panarin was amazing in games 4-6 and is without fault for his vanishing act is again laughable and is not surprising

Again if Kane played the way Panarin was in games 4-6 he would have been trashed around here

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Actually I did in the Ex-Hawks thread

This idea that Panarin was amazing in games 4-6 and is without fault for his vanishing act is again laughable and is not surprising

Again if Kane played the way Panarin was in games 4-6 he would have been trashed around here

You didn't actually.

No one said he was amazing. People said he was good and created for his team but the goals did not come. This is basic reading.

You go to these delusional ideas and create it is me against the world but reality is you are just making shit up.

You clearly didn't watch the series and that is fine but don't act like you did.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Questions going into game 7 tonight:
- Is Anderson in Bruins head, especially when it comes to their top line. They missed a lot of nets last game trying for the perfect shot
- Plenty of pressure on Rask who has been outplayed by the Dane in Leafs net
- Can the Bruins slow down the fast-skating Leafs
- Will Austin Mathews rise to the occasion and be the difference maker
- Will Kadri continue to be the factor he has been in this series
- Discipline will likely be a key in this game. PP numbers could be the difference

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The pressure is on for both goalies. Both have been inconsistent.

I wonder if Boston bring Danato into the lineup and Komarov for the Leafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad