Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Fighting stopped being interesting to me in 2013 when Mayers fought that POS Torres. It was completely staged and empty. As if watching two goons grab jerseys and get a few light punches in is supposed to make me feel better as a fan that Torres almost ended Hossa's career. It didn't. You know what did make me feel a little better? His 25 game suspension.

Fighting is stupid and isn't even fun to watch

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Man, Nashville has been a wrecking crew since the Turris trade...

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
And Ottawa has been ice cold.

Yeah, I saw that too. I haven't really watched any Ottawa games or looked at the numbers for them. Do they miss him that much, or is it more coincidence than anything? Maybe all the percentages they were riding through the last season finally catching up to them?

I just hated that trade when it happened as a fan of a team in the Central division. Johansen, Turris, Jarnkrok, Bonino down the middle is really, REALLY strong depth. Especially when you consider Turris was doing alright against 1st line competition in Ottawa...what was he going to do against 2nd line competition in Nashville, with an aggressive system in place?

He's worked out as well as I feared.

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
Fighting stopped being interesting to me in 2013 when Mayers fought that POS Torres. It was completely staged and empty. As if watching two goons grab jerseys and get a few light punches in is supposed to make me feel better as a fan that Torres almost ended Hossa's career. It didn't. You know what did make me feel a little better? His 25 game suspension.

Fighting is stupid and isn't even fun to watch

Him being out of the league makes me feel better. f*** that guy. He had the skill to carve out a long career as a decent bottom 6er but he chose to be a complete meathead.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Seattle just took a major step forward with their approval of a major arena redevelopment memorandum of understanding for KeyArena. Hopefully going to advance their chances of landing an NHL team vastly. Go Thunderbirds/Totems/Breakers/Kraken/whatevers. Do that and then move the Yotes to Houston, and we'd have a pretty solid western conference market-wise.

Seattle's success/failure is going to hinge on *how* they renovate the dump that is Key Arena.

If they keep it like it is...think Barclays...except worse. Obstructed views and horrible sightlines. Hell, it spoke volumes that their WHL team couldn't get out of there fast enough and drew more in a 6000-seat arena.

If they renovate it intelligently, to negate all obstructions, it could possibly work.

Personally, they should have dynamited that eyesore to the ground and built a real arena...but that's Seattle for you. They had a chance to build a real arena down south that would have kept the Sonics but they voted it down.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
It's not technically the best goal of the year, but it is my personal favorite so far.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
New ESPN hockey podcast with Wyshynski and Kaplan has some Blackhawks talk as well as a [pretty fluffy, but fun] interview with Debrincat.

ESPN On Ice With Greg Wyshynski (podcast)

There are some in jokes and call-backs to Wyshynski's other podcasts (MvsW and Puck Soup) but nothing too confusing.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
New ESPN hockey podcast with Wyshynski and Kaplan has some Blackhawks talk as well as a [pretty fluffy, but fun] interview with Debrincat.

ESPN On Ice With Greg Wyshynski (podcast)

There are some in jokes and call-backs to Wyshynski's other podcasts (MvsW and Puck Soup) but nothing too confusing.

Pretty hockey light. Not a lot of insight, mostly fluff. Best part was when they were talking about burgers, and that says something.

I like Dangles podcast, any other ones I should check out?

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I haven't listened to the ESPN one yet, but i love Puck Soup with Wysch and Lozo. I think they are funny but it isn't always just hockey.

Biscuits, is another good one with Lozo and Sean McIndone (down goes Brown). It's a little more serious although they like to complain about the league.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
no matter who deep the fan base is or was, if the team is taking a lackadaisical appch to retooling the fans will not come out. pretty much as chi fans resisted in the hawks in the late 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->