Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Winnipeg up 2-0 on Pittsburgh. 2 periods away from knocking Chicago out of playoff position.

Teams out of playoff position by American Thanksgiving rarely make the playoffs. Something to keep an eye on.

Edit: 4-0

Edit 2: 5-0

Last edited:

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
ARZ was leading PHI 3-1 with 1 minute to go.

It's now 3-3 in OT.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Dansk left the game hurt for the knights. Insane that they're already down to goalie number 4.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Panarin always gave substantive and candid interviews and I always really liked that about him.

Speaking of...

Gotta give credit when it's due. This is the second truly candid interview I've seen this kid give. Hopefully it's appreciated and the meathead fans aren't jumping down his throat. This sort of thing should be encouraged

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
His game will improve away from Kane, frankly.

He regressed in his second year, became a very uni-directional, one-dimensional player, just waiting for Kane to find him for a one-timer.

More time away from Kane, more responsibility for carrying a line, he'll get back to being the multifaceted threat he was in his first Season as a Blackhawk... and likely continue to improve from there.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Panarin just seems to be the type of guy that attracts blame for whatever reason. We had a load a people in this fanbase calling him a playoff no show during his time in Chicago, despite the fact that he was a PPG player in the 2016 Blues series and almost everybody shit the bed in the 2017 Preds series so singling him out was a head-scratcher.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Panarin just seems to be the type of guy that attracts blame for whatever reason. We had a load a people in this fanbase calling him a playoff no show during his time in Chicago, despite the fact that he was a PPG player in the 2016 Blues series and almost everybody **** the bed in the 2017 Preds series so singling him out was a head-scratcher.

He's not overly physical and he's not North American.

The same type of player has garnered undeserved criticism and blame from the Don Cherry meatball brigade for decades.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Its almost like Carey Price was covering up a whole bunch of problems...

...and they traded away their best Dman for a worse, slower Dman in an increasingly fast league...

...and they've completely mismanaged their most promising prospects for years

...and holy shit, they're playing Phillip Danault in the top 6 again?!

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Its almost like Carey Price was covering up a whole bunch of problems...

...and they traded away their best Dman for a worse, slower Dman in an increasingly fast league...

...and they've completely mismanaged their most promising prospects for years

...and holy ****, they're playing Phillip Danault in the top 6 again?!

You can’t help yourself can you?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
You can’t help yourself can you?

Can't help what? Listing clear issues with a team?

None of what I listed is anything you would find significant disagreement with from either educated Montreal fans nor their media. I know the second for sure, as I both watch and listen to Canadian sports TV and radio on the regular while working and driving.

The Canadiens have been sub-par save goaltending for a long while.

Their AHL team has provided zero nhl regulars on the team. All the regulars skipped their development pipeline.

The Subban for Weber trade made them immediately worse.

The handling of Galchenyuk has been abysmal.

They have the worst center depth in the league, which is why a winger and a bottom 6 center are their top 2 centers.

None of these positions is controversial.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Can't help what? Listing clear issues with a team?

None of what I listed is anything you would find significant disagreement with from either educated Montreal fans nor their media. I know the second for sure, as I both watch and listen to Canadian sports radio on the regular.

Nothing you listed was wrong at all, I agree with it. It is the implied tone of every post. The “I told you so” tone in every post. Is it intended or do you not notice it? It is not a language thing. This is what people were taking about last night.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Nothing you listed was wrong at all, I agree with it. It is the implied tone of every post. The “I told you so” tone in every post. Is it intended or do you not notice it? It is not a language thing. This is what people were taking about last night.

It wasnt intended as an 'I told you so' to you or anybody here.

More of a 'well yeah, what else is new, Price has been papering over obvious problems for years'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad