Around the League XXXIV: Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Phil the thrill is second in the NHL in points (33 PP points...). That hotdog eating SOB. To be clear, I like Phil.

Looking back at it how bad was the trade Toronto made with the Pens?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Phil the thrill is second in the NHL in points (33 PP points...). That hotdog eating SOB. To be clear, I like Phil.

Well, it was key to them getting Matthews. But on it’s own, yeah, especially with the retention, it’s not the best. I don’t care for Kessel at all, but you can’t deny his positive impact on Pittsburgh.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Kessel had one of the greatest trolls on Twitter of all time last Olympics. Liked him as a player but he really won me over with that. It was all-time good.

Reactions: AmericanDream

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Wow! The Hawks only have 29 PP goals as a team.

Actually, only 13 teams (one being Pittsburgh obviously) have more than 33 PP goals.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Well deserved. He's scum. Always has been. Dropping knees into the back of a guy's head when he's face down on the ice? Hell, I would have tossed him for the rest of the regular season to set an example.
while i agree about the knee to the back of the head while on top and on the ice. it was that action that he was suspended for. the action with an intent of some other reason. this is what i agree with.

but i really hope burrows see what this will cost him for such a chicken shit action that couldn't hurt anything.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
This is gonna be music to @JaegerDice 's ears.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Hawks claiming him if he's healthy, and can perform at his usual shutdown D level. :dunno:

He'd certainly help, but in pursuit of what?

There's not enough run-way to turn this season around.

Frankly, I'd rather the team do what they can to improve their draft position. Keep Crow out for the rest of the season (for his health moving forward, primarily, since he's the team's MVP and any season he goes out is a lost season), sell anybody over the age of 30 for whatever you can get, play as many kids as possible for the remainder.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Barzal is over ppg now. I've been catching a lot of Islanders games because he's so fun to watch.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The rich just keep getting richer...

The Jets are going to be one hell of a team to play against in the playoffs. Kyle Connor has been itching for more and more ice time and man is he having a nice rookie season...and now they are finally getting Jack Roslovic in the lineup and he is another stud forward.

They have to be by far the deepest team in the league offensively. If you haven't seen much from #81 Kyle Connor, do yourself a favor and check him out - kid is a star in the making.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
what a play by Petry to keep the puck in the zone, pass it off to Drouin behind the back at the point for the tying goal with absolute poise with 6 attackers on the ice.

Petry is going to be someones prize in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->