Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Yeah I think that a lot of the online narrative has fellated Carolina for a long time in part because they leaned hard into analytics before a lot of other teams.

They also have that quality that the Sharks had for like ten years where, when they're flying, they look both bigger and faster than their opponent and just look overwhelming.

But their rEvOluTiOnArY owner nickel and diming on Brind'amour. And their absolute unwillingness to go all-in.

I mean, thank goodness they didn't do it. But seemingly at the end of the season a couple of years ago they could have had J.T. Miller for primarily futures. You don't think they would be doing better with a player whose name we literally chant every game?

Didn't make sense to me then, doesn't make sense to me now that they refused to bite on a distressed asset with high upside like that.

But I guess they can enjoy being the bridesmaid for like 8 years in a row and then their D contracts can implode.

If Nikishin hits the ground running and Morrow turns out to be a top pair D then they can renew their efforts.

But any growing pains and things could become a lot more mediocre in Raleigh within the next two years.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
With all the focus on playoffs and getting into the second round I had no idea the draft lottery happened.

Feels like I didn't see anything on social media or on of the local sports stuff I listen to.

And that's completely OK.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With all the focus on playoffs and getting into the second round I had no idea the draft lottery happened.

Feels like I didn't see anything on social media or on of the local sports stuff I listen to.

Chicago didn’t f***ing win it. That’s what’s important.

Reactions: rypper

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I posted about it here a few hours before it happened. "Isn't it nice to not care at all about the lottery?" Was also incredibly boring with the order staying the same.

Reactions: timw33 and rypper

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Boston benefitted from a lot of loser points. Those can really skew the perception of some teams. Not like they're terrible or anything but they're pretty much on the same level as Toronto and Tampa,
The Bruins look like a slightly better version of the Preds. Play and excellent team game, rely on top end goaltending and always push the pace.

Reactions: Reverend Mayhem

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Can we change the title of the thread now? It seems many Leafs fans hatred towards Edmonton has them supporting us beating the Oilers

Reactions: TruKnyte

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I posted about it here a few hours before it happened. "Isn't it nice to not care at all about the lottery?" Was also incredibly boring with the order staying the same.

The order should stay the same , fight me idk.

But god damn it feels good not to have a vested interest at all in the lottery. But the Canucks winning or losing directly impacts my mood again so it’s a trade off.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Bad news for the West is that Eastern teams will likely get significant rest ahead of the ECF or SCF.

Both series in the East could be done by Monday.

Meanwhile you know the Dallas and Avs series will go until Game 7. Vancouver and Edmonton will likely go until the weekend as well.

Reactions: I am toxic

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rangers look like a 'team of destiny'. Nobody in the league is playing better right now. They've eliminated a 1-3 deficit in this game to tie it.....they still have a chance to sweep against a very good Carolina team.

Just never saw that coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad