Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

All these good/interesting coaches available and the Senators go with Travis Green.

My guess is that none of them wanted to go to Ottawa or they wanted more money than ownership wanted to pay. So they went with the “next best, experienced” coach available. With Green though his experience is failure.
IMG_0218.gif

Reactions: mossey3535

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
I feel bad for sens fans now.

They have alot of young talent and it's all wasted next year atleast, and this season isn't even over yet.

Tonystretcher

Oct 25, 2017
This got brought up in another thread, but part of me wonders how TOR would've done had they not committed 50% of their cap to the Core Four in signing Tavares. Their biggest issue vs. BOS was getting offense from outside of their top guys. The sheer amount of useful depth they've let walk or gave away over the years seems crazy to me...

Imagine this alternate universe version of the Leafs circa 2020 (where they still had to trade Kadri) - do they have a strong enough supporting cast to win a few rounds?

Verhaeghe - Matthews - Hyman
Marchment - Nylander - Marner
Mikheyev - Bozak - Rodrigues
Johnsson - Engvall - Moore
Don’t forget about that time they exposed Jared McCann to ensure Seattle couldn’t take Justin Holl. Brazeau and Amadio look like pretty good bottom 6ers. This one isn’t entirely fair, but I do find it pretty funny that they drafted Joshua.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Don’t forget about that time they exposed Jared McCann to ensure Seattle couldn’t take Justin Holl. Brazeau and Amadio look like pretty good bottom 6ers. This one isn’t entirely fair, but I do find it pretty funny that they drafted Joshua.
They had those guys that were listed early in their careers in their A club. But Marchment/Verhaghe never really moved up to the Leafs squad. Kind of interesting given what the Leafs put into the Marlies that they don't get more guys up to the NHL level while they have team control to see what they have.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Green did such a great job as interim coach of the Devils, it's the Senators giving him a full time gig.......

• Haha

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Those who thought about buying low on Marner, pause and think about this:

Do we want someone with a GOD complex in the locker room?

Now I've not watched hockey for that long, can someone tell me if Gretzky ever said that? Or Lemiuex?
I don’t think he has god complex and certainly won’t after being shift out of his hometown

This is Phil Kessel all over again, he’s going to shine in the playoffs and win cups after getting out of Toronto

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

DOUBLE DOWN!

According to Capfriendly, the Kings will have just under 21m in cap space. The problem is they have 6 RFAs of varying degrees of importance (Byfield, Lizotte, Spence, Grundstrom, Kaliyev, and Turcotte). Signing all of them will leave them with around 5m in capspace and no goaltenders signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad