Around the League | No lead is safe in Round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Keefe is starting to give me the vibe of someone who's lost most if not all semblance of respect and authority in the locker room.
Yep. The inmates run the asylum in Toronto. Keefe has to apologize every time he calls out the Core 4. Contrast that with Tocchet benching Miller and calling out Pettersson.
They probably need a veteran coach who management will let do his job.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Watch this Lisa. You can actually pinpoint the second when their heart breaks in half
IMG_0213.png

And now
IMG_0214.png

DS7

Oct 9, 2013
Vancouver, BC
That Sheldon Keefe quote last night is unbelievable.

Seems like a guy who feels like he’s getting fired.

He was already referring to the Leafs in third person, so yeah he sees the writing on the wall.

But it also sounds like a coach that carries an innate sense of defeat with him whenever he ices his team. Not sure he even gets an HC job after this.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
That Sheldon Keefe quote last night is unbelievable.

Seems like a guy who feels like he’s getting fired.

Guys a hack, he constantly whines to the media if things do go his teams way. Also, what kind of ‘coaching’ does he do? It’s the inmates that run the asylum in that locker room, if he calls out a core 4 players, management tells him to apologize to them.

As much as Babcock was a f***ing old fossil and he was a manipulator, he was right about one thing…

Mitch Marner is a fraud of a hockey player, regular season hero but a playoff zero. Leafs spent 11 million on a ghost.

Reactions: andora

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He was already referring to the Leafs in third person, so yeah he sees the writing on the wall.

But it also sounds like a coach that carries an innate sense of defeat with him whenever he ices his team. Not sure he even gets an HC job after this.

Dubas already has a contract waiting for him in Pittsburgh.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Trelivings Leafs did no better or worse than Dubas’ team…Not having a healthy Nylander at the beginning,or a healthy Matthews at the end ,sunk them imo.

The signing of John Tavares has been looking worse for wear for a number of years now..Could have retained Zach Hyman,and acquired another top 4 D..?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Trelivings Leafs did no better or worse than Dubas’ team…Not having a healthy Nylander at the beginning,or a healthy Matthews at the end ,sunk them imo.

The signing of John Tavares has been looking worse for wear for a number of years now..Could have retained Zach Hyman,and acquired another top 4 D..?

This past offseason they got Ryan Reaves for ‘team toughness’, Max Domi and Tyler Bertuzzi for gritty performance. Both those guys are out the door as they will be looking for long term contracts.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

There're some legitimate reasons for sure, but then...how much does it matter when the end result is yet another game 7 loss just with extra steps?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
like i said pom there’s no result the leafs could have had this year that would have changed your tune on treliving

you drew your line in the sand early.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Rangers Hurricanes....not gonna lie that does not sound all that interesting

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Sips coffee

Nothing like seeing the Leafs get raked. My yard looking a little prettier today...

I just did a bunch of yardwork yesterday, mow, patch repair on the lawn, trim hedge, trim weed.

Only problem is because of the water restriction I gotta stand there with the hose and spray nozzle for 20 minutes.

Like a cave man.
:skeptic:

I don't like being forced to be a cave man.
:thumbd:

It annoys me greatly.
:huh:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The Leafs’ defense personnel was atrocious this year. Simon Benoit played the 4th most games. McCabe and Brodie were the defacto #2 & 3 guys. That team’s ceiling was set when they decided John Klingberg was the solution.

That team is in the 2nd round right now if they spend $6 million on Soucy and Cole instead of Klingberg. One of the most devastating signings by a 'contending' team in recent memory.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
quat said:
I will admit I don't for a second understand how people like Boston over TO. I can't stand that putrid organization. Their best players are still complaining about the Canucks after beating them over a decade ago. Nothing the Leafs have done is remotely close to that clown show group of pissants.

See, I'm the exact opposite. Boston means nothing to me and I have absolutely no idea how any self-respecting Canuck fan could cheer for Toronto.

Boston has been our rival for 2 weeks in 54 years, 13 years ago. They were annoying, sure. It sucked we lost. But I just don't care about them and haven't for over a decade. If they win ... so what.

My lingering bitterness and hate about 2011 isn't about the Bruins or their fans who cheered for their home team like every set of fans does. It's toward the NHL, toward Colin Campbell, toward Brian Burke who screwed over the team that basically gave him his career, and especially toward the bitter, sad fanbases and media in Toronto and Edmonton who stuck knives in our backs at every opportunity.

After what happened in 2011, I will NEVER cheer for Edmonton or Toronto ever again. Boston fans cheered for their team. Those cities were 'neutrals' who chose to cheer for Boston over a Canadian team, after most Canuck fans had cheered for their teams in years prior. Get f***ed.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
See, I'm the exact opposite. Boston means nothing to me and I have absolutely no idea how any self-respecting Canuck fan could cheer for Toronto.

Boston has been our rival for 2 weeks in 54 years, 13 years ago. They were annoying, sure. It sucked we lost. But I just don't care about them and haven't for over a decade. If they win ... so what.

My lingering bitterness and hate about 2011 isn't about the Bruins or their fans who cheered for their home team like every set of fans does. It's toward the NHL, toward Colin Campbell, toward Brian Burke who screwed over the team that basically gave him his career, and especially toward the bitter, sad fanbases and media in Toronto and Edmonton who stuck knives in our backs at every opportunity.

After what happened in 2011, I will NEVER cheer for Edmonton or Toronto ever again. Boston fans cheered for their team. Those cities were 'neutrals' who chose to cheer for Boston over a Canadian team, after most Canuck fans had cheered for their teams in years prior. Get f***ed.
Bostons one redeeming quality was Bergeron and hes not around anymore, Marchand is still around unfortunately. Jack Edwards was a masshole manifested into reality by the people of Bostons personalities. Yes the blame is with Campbell, the NHL, Jacobs etc but Boston is easily hated more than Toronto for myself.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008

I hear Babcock is available

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Leafs would be in the second round a few times and maybe won a cup if they hadn't signed Tavares for 11m and had kept two of Bozak (SC in STL), Hyman (54g) or Kadri (SC in COL).

Reactions: andora

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Bostons one redeeming quality was Bergeron and hes not around anymore, Marchand is still around unfortunately. Jack Edwards was a masshole manifested into reality by the people of Bostons personalities. Yes the blame is with Campbell, the NHL, Jacobs etc but Boston is easily hated more than Toronto for myself.

I just don't care. People have built these idiots up beyond belief. Edwards was just an annoying PBP guy. Marchand was an annoying rat and it wasn't like we didn't have our own annoying rats.

They were just a team doing the sorts of things that most teams do to try and win, especially with the rope that they were given.

Sometimes you lose playoff series. I don't care about the team that beat us.

What lingers for me and still burns is the *unfairness* of what happened, and that wasn't because of Boston. That was because of the NHL and Brian Burke and the absurd portrayal - mostly coming from Toronto and Edmonton - that the Sedins were somehow diving rats, and the fact that the best possession team in the NHL had more PPs than the opposition once in 38 games through the end of the season and into the playoffs.

What happened against Boston was just the final manifestation of BS that had been happening for months. The Bruins were just the final actor that drove in the final knife, and I really don't care about them. At all. If Marchand won another Cup I'd feel absolutely nothing, no different than if Sebastian Aho or someone was hoisting it.

2011 wasn't about Boston, it was about the unfairness that happened to us from other actors that weren't Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad