Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Sweet Jesus that's a terrible list of names.

Coyotes are very common in Utah. Just keep it the same.
Merulo owns the coyotes name/logo for the next five years atleast.

I'm guessing Smith also wants to go his own way, but yes all those names are amateur.

Reactions: BimJenning and MS

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Merulo owns the coyotes name/logo for the next five years atleast.

I'm guessing Smith also wants to go his own way, but yes all those names are amateur.
I'm more for teams changing their name.

Kills to see Grizzlies for Memphis. Hornets, took a few years but became Pelicans. Sonics became Thunder.

Smart for the Titans to rebrand from Oilers in NFL.

Nordiques to Avs, Whalers to Hurricanes, Jets to Coyotes, Thrashers to Jets. Stars very generic, and TX is the Lone Star state, so it works on that level. Flames, that was a long time ago that they opted to keep the name.

Just wonder if there is enough time to get all of the rebranding done and file trademarks and get them approved.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
i have no idea how the f*** a team can take more than a week to think of a name and logo

was really funny seeing washington spend a couple of years not sure what to call their football team before giving them the most basic name possible
I'm more for teams changing their name.

Kills to see Grizzlies for Memphis. Hornets, took a few years but became Pelicans. Sonics became Thunder.

Smart for the Titans to rebrand from Oilers in NFL.

Nordiques to Avs, Whalers to Hurricanes, Jets to Coyotes, Thrashers to Jets. Stars very generic, and TX is the Lone Star state, so it works on that level. Flames, that was a long time ago that they opted to keep the name.

Just wonder if there is enough time to get all of the rebranding done and file trademarks and get them approved.
jazz lol

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A quick search shows the the population of the SLC metro area (including suburbs like Provo and Ogden) is 2.7M people.

Which is remarkably similar in size to the Vancouver-Surrey metro area (2.6M people).

To put it bluntly, SLC is an affluent mostly-white city with a winter sports culture. It’s the NHL’s prime demographic minus the rich hockey-history.

I would imagine the franchise as another ‘Colorado Avalanche’. If they have success sooner than later they will be quickly endeared.
That's 2.7m figure is if you count every man, women and child in a 160 mile radius....that's like counting everybody from here to Seattle.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
i have no idea how the f*** a team can take more than a week to think of a name and logo

was really funny seeing washington spend a couple of years not sure what to call their football team before giving them the most basic name possible

jazz lol
Not exactly a bunch of lakes in LA.

So many pro and amateur team names that you need to ensure you get the trademark.

Commanders, if they were going with just a W for the logo then virtually any name would have been fine.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Sweet Jesus that's a terrible list of names.

Coyotes are very common in Utah. Just keep it the same.

That IP isn't included in the sale, it's being held on to for a future franchise back in Phoenix.

Reactions: MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad