Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Does anyone remember what a beast Aucoin was for the Isles? I loved him as a Canuck but I remember every year he was miles ahead of everyone in the league in Mins played. Super underrated player. Kenny Jonsson was too.

Edit: had to repost cuz Troll Stomper has it out for me.

There goes my ability to like again.

• Love
Reactions: MS and LemonSauceD

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I hate when people want to play a particular team. It's just asking for those words to come back to be thrown in your face in the future. Such bad juju.

Also you should ALWAYS cheer for your team to win. Wanting to lose or finish lower is loser mentality. In order to win a cup you need to be able to beat everyone. Otherwise what's to stop someone from saying "well they couldn't have beat Vegas" or something.

Playoff hockey is never boring. Don't worry.

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
I still do not get it, Why are we so afraid of Vegas who has been shit all year or LA who we dominated in every game even when the score didn't reflect it, but we aren't scared of Nashville who has been on fire since the all star break and outplayed in every game this year despite us wiining all three

It really doesn't make sense, we should be salivating over the thought of facing Vegas, not only are they weakest team in the west, but the hype they are getting from fans and media will give us a ton of momentum if we beat them, and I'll be honest I expect whoever plays them to stomp them.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
I hate when people want to play a particular team. It's just asking for those words to come back to be thrown in your face in the future. Such bad juju.

Also you should ALWAYS cheer for your team to win. Wanting to lose or finish lower is loser mentality. In order to win a cup you need to be able to beat everyone. Otherwise what's to stop someone from saying "well they couldn't have beat Vegas" or something.

We want Florida! We want Florida! We want Florida!

• Haha
Reactions: Nick Lang

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary

I wish my words had that much power :laugh:

I’d be down playing Vegas even more than the Preds. They are beatable this year. Just LA would be nice to avoid since we have trouble with their system.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Watching the Stars defend in zone helps put in to perspective how well the Canucks defend. Not that the Stars are bad, just that for the Canucks its an actual weapon

Reactions: vanuck

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I still do not get it, Why are we so afraid of Vegas who has been shit all year or LA who we dominated in every game even when the score didn't reflect it, but we aren't scared of Nashville who has been on fire since the all star break and outplayed in every game this year despite us wiining all three

It really doesn't make sense, we should be salivating over the thought of facing Vegas, not only are they weakest team in the west, but the hype they are getting from fans and media will give us a ton of momentum if we beat them, and I'll be honest I expect whoever plays them to stomp them.
Vegas without Stone (top two way winger in the league) and Pietrangelo (top pairing D) are beatable.

If Vegas gets both guys back and both guys return to form in a series then they are a team I could see flipping on the proverbial switch.

As of right now though...I see them as a rather weak side, especially in net. Thompson and Hill have been absolute shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad