Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Not surprised.

He did the exact same thing with the Flames as he did with the Leas, expected big trades would save the team.

Some nice moves, some terrible. And now he’s finished. I do think he’ll make a great broadcaster though.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Damnit. Buffalo was the last of the 3 I wanted to win, MTL's stuck with Garbargevin who would ruin Svech/Dahlin, but now Eichel/Dahlin is going to be huge competition with us for the next 10 years. At least it means we get to see sick players more so bring it on.

But f***ing yay that Svech didn't go to MTL as well lmao

Reactions: Elephanto

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Wish the Canes won the lottery, would have made it easier for them to trade a D and also they aren't Buffalo.

Oh well.

Reactions: 7even

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Old thread was full.

Recap
1: Burke steps down as President
2: Vegas Keeps Winning
3: Boston Dominates Tampa
4: JFJ in running for Carolina GM position
5: Buffalo Wins Draft Lottery.

Old thread here:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/around-the-league-second-round-starts.2468389/

continue.

BSZ0Eh6.png

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

WillyFirstofhisName

Mar 1, 2016
From my mind, it was never a doubt about how successful they'd be in their first year but years after. I'm sure they'll do fine with all this success out of the gate but if they floundered for a couple years to start out it could have been very different.

Very true in every regard. Kinda like it's hard to say what OKC would have been like without 3 HOFers falling in their laps after their first year. We won't even know how stable that franchise is yet until the Durant/Westbrook era is finally up and they've got a losing team. Seattle on the other hand will have a die hard NHL fanbase, mark my words.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Damnit. Buffalo was the last of the 3 I wanted to win, MTL's stuck with Garbargevin who would ruin Svech/Dahlin, but now Eichel/Dahlin is going to be huge competition with us for the next 10 years. At least it means we get to see sick players more so bring it on.

But ****ing yay that Svech didn't go to MTL as well lmao

Remember when Buffalo's rebuild was ahead of ours? I wouldn't be so quick to say that they won't ruin Dahlin ... But they'll be able to score some goals.

Reactions: saltming

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Guess this time was the charm for Buffalo after losing out on Ekblad and McDavid. Another year with a big jump team too with Carolina. Still happy not having the Leafs participate in this.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i am not going to lie.
I wanted "Drama" this year. like had the Islanders won with CGY's pick. (Or Chicago) teehee.

Reactions: Trawna Phan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->