Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I just read an article about him retiring that talks about Mackinnon living with him, and his family of three sons. No mention of a daughter, and she was born when he was an 18-19 year old in junior. His wife's name is different than the mother listed in the bio.

Maybe he got someone pregnant back then, but she didn't live with him?

Jean-Sebastien Giguere Announces Retirement

Considering that she has his name instead of her mother's, a previous marriage would be a reasonable guess.

Also for fun, his twitter feed makes the connection pretty clear.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It's not his daughter.

Apparently the real father works at Canada Post if reddit is to be believed.

This article even mentions him as being a first time father when his kid was born in the 2007 playoffs:
Giguere’s emotional roller coaster – Orange County Register

Eliteprospects also mentions no relation and they are good with that even with the most obscure players.

Considering that she has his name instead of her mother's, a previous marriage would be a reasonable guess.

Also for fun, his twitter feed makes the connection pretty clear.
That's clearly not the goalie JS Giguere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
So a journalist didn't do their homework, and reddit will tell you all sorts of crazy ****. JS seems to think she's his daughter, her official bio lists him as her father- unless somebody on reddit has some hard evidence otherwise, I think it's safe to assume that a young athlete acted like young athletes often do.
The real JS Giguere would have more than a few hundred followers if he actually had twitter. But he doesn't.

Are you trolling us?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
What's funny is if you go to the MB thread about winning the lottery there are lots of people who seem to think Detroit "deserves" it. I mean...these guys had 25 years of playoffs and one year of crap and people feel sorry for them?

Well yeah, they are an original 6 franchise. O6 teams are deserving of such things and we should all bow in their excellence. We should be so lucky that they even let us watch Hockey in non O6 markets.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I thought he was solid 4th liner who can get up to 30 points, well Boston got him, and we got Ryan
To be fair, m he’s filled in in the top line with Pasta and Marchand when Bergeron has been out. He’s made the absolute most of the opportunity though. It’ll be interesting to see what sort of contract he gets this offseason.

Also, Eric scored his 39th of the season tonight. I absolutely knew he had it in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->