Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Ottawa blowing it up after blowing assets for Duchene.

Brassard of any interest for us?

Yes. Mainly for off-game reasons, though.

george-gaynes-1989-poliisiopisto-6.jpg

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'm really struggling with Z bone being dead. Arguably our best offensive dman ever. His top two seasons were amazing, he was our all star for one of them. Scored 20 goals one year. The power play had the Cassels, Sanderson and Verbeek line with ZZ at the point. As I said in the ZZ thread our announcers would laugh at the low def replays they had back then, you couldn't see his slap shot even in slo mo. He couldn't hit the net enough, but if it was on net it was in. He could skate faster with the puck then anyone on the team other than maybe Sanderson could skate without it, and look effortless too. They could never take the zone on the pp, so he would get frustrated and take it from behind our net and cut through everyone end to end....just to skate behind their net and just leave it there and skate away. There you go boys. One of the best tool boxes I've ever seen a player blessed with, just didn't always think the game at the highest level and never really put it together anywhere else. Best player we got in the franchise dooming Francis trade. Saw and met him out after a game, he looked bored and walked out a little later. He seemed a little aloof but I didn't mind. I was a drunk kid. I'm really curious how he died, we're just not far enough apart in age.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Wow.

Per Bob McKenzie: GM Ron Francis on the verge of making a big trade today. Sounds like he'll be sending Snorolax, Nidoqueen, & a holo Ditto for Charizard.

.... so I guess nothing ever came of this?

Y'all know what's crazy is we're still only 4 points out of a wild card spot. The games in hand have been mostly squandered but still. I thought we had totally fallen out of the race. It's a damn shame what they did to the playoff structure when they realigned, because every team in the metro has a chance to put up 90-some points or more this year and at least 3 of them will be sitting out no matter what.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Hard to say it is a team issue as well.

5v5 scoring for Defensemen who have played > 400 minutes in the entire league:

Hanifin: #1 (1.54 P/60)
Faulk: #115 - dead last (0.11 P/60)

Strictly defensive D like Brodin (0.34 P/60), Alzner (0.35 P/60), Larsson (0.38 P/60), and Orpik (0.42 P/60) are putting up points at 3-4 times the rate of Faulk.

Take the damn C away at least. His play warrants an AHL demotion, not a f***ing spot in the Shootout. Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->