Around the League Part 8: Welcome to the league Vegas, and Duchene discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Andrew Ladd got $5.5M a couple years ago. Okposo got $6M a couple years ago. With the cap going up, I'm not surprised at all that Kane is getting in the range of $7M. Given his history of off ice issues and his injury history, the 7 year term is certainly a concern, but the dollar amount isn't a surprise to me. JVR is likely going to get in the same range, maybe not as long of a term though.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Thanks for that.

I had forgotten we weren’t the San Jose sharks.

giphy.gif

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
I’d pay Skinner that much, but mainly because I’m way way more confident that he’s going to maintain his scoring touch, stay reasonably healthy, and not be a massive distraction.
Yeah, I see a lot of "if Kane can score 30 goals and put up 60 points" stuff he's never done or only done once, while with skinner he's done these things. I think he could be more consistent under brindy and with more scorers in the lineup. The one thing Kane has is a strong power forward game.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Yeah, I see a lot of "if Kane can score 30 goals and put up 60 points" stuff he's never done or only done once, while with skinner he's done these things. I think he could be more consistent under brindy and with more scorers in the lineup. The one thing Kane has is a strong power forward game.

I wouldn't pay Kane 7x7 either, if that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad