Around the League - Is it Playoffs Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
A game that I will never forget from last year is when Tampa was playing Pheonix at home with like 15 games to play in the season. Pheonix came back to win that game in regulation, semi thanks to Hedman batting the puck into his own empty net. And of course we go on to make the playoffs over Tampa by 1 point

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just saw that Vegas has a 10 point lead in their division with a game in hand over second place (San Jose). Incredible. I mean barring a massive slump an expansion team will win their division, decisively, in their first season.

Speechless.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Habs down 0-3 to Arizona heading into the 3rd period...3 goals on 10 shots on Price...trying to out-tank the Coyotes....wow!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Honestly i was so wrapped up in the olympics. I do find it hilarious how Ovechkin was all "IM GOING TO THE OLYMPICS AND NO ONE IS GONNA STOP ME.."

yet... he's not there.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
yes please. any but Ottawa, Buffalo, Montreal, Vancouver or Edmonton and im happy. A west team would be fantastic if Dahlin is as good as touted then id rather only face him 2 times a year

I'd rather not see Dahlin in the division as well but in fairness the Sens and Habs, even with him, are a bit of a tire-fire that he won't fix alone.. I'd be more worried about the Sabres because they have a lot of pieces already that just need to get on the right track.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'd rather not see Dahlin in the division as well but in fairness the Sens and Habs, even with him, are a bit of a tire-fire that he won't fix alone.. I'd be more worried about the Sabres because they have a lot of pieces already that just need to get on the right track.

yeah sure but id rather they stay super tire fires not tire fires with a player who might set them in the right direction. It is setting up for the habs to be the leafs of 2005-2015 and I id like it to stay that way

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
yeah sure but id rather they stay super tire fires not tire fires with a player who might set them in the right direction. It is setting up for the habs to be the leafs of 2005-2015 and I id like it to stay that way

meh. I'd rather them be as good as possible, this way when we smoke their butts, they can't say boo to anything.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Just saw that Vegas has a 10 point lead in their division with a game in hand over second place (San Jose). Incredible. I mean barring a massive slump an expansion team will win their division, decisively, in their first season.

Speechless.

One thing for sure: the protection rules are changing next expansion draft. Struggling franchises don't want to be leapfrogged by an expansion franchise.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Honestly i was so wrapped up in the olympics. I do find it hilarious how Ovechkin was all "IM GOING TO THE OLYMPICS AND NO ONE IS GONNA STOP ME.."

yet... he's not there.

I think he said that for Sochi, and he did go there, only to flop front of home crowd

As for around the league

Nothing satisfies me more than to see Oilers crash and burn. I hope Mcdavid scores and leads the league in points yet his team finished bottom 5
Oilers are essentially NHL's welfare team

Chicago, wtf man? You can tell they miss Panarin so much. The skill level is just not there, they have too many grinders all of sudden.
Saad has 25 points and Panarin who's a game breaker has 45. Pany and Kane had such good chemistry together

Reactions: carko32

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
meh. I'd rather them be as good as possible, this way when we smoke their butts, they can't say boo to anything.
Nah, I'm fine with them being tire fires. Even if they were amazing and we won they'd still find some excuse or nitpick. "Injuries, other goalie was lucky, etc, etc." Excuses are going to be there anyways so I'd rather just enjoy watching them burn. We had to put up with being a lot worse than those teams for a long time. They can deal with it for a good decade or two in return :).

Reactions: Al14

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Chicago is defintely a weird situation.

Their management group used to be the gold standard of how to run a team in the salary cap era, but the last couple seasons they’ve just made strange move after strange move.

Like trading for Saad back.....

Also a good case study on how long term bad contracts can kill competitiveness (ie Seabrook)

Beaumaris

May 21, 2015
listening to radio here in Edmonton,for the last few weeks they have been talking
tank AGAIN,should the NHL find an way to ban them from entering the lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->