Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 147413

Winnipeg has been getting all the calls/non calls in their favour tonight too.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
The wild arent a good playoff team on talent right now with so manyinjuries but they are battling tonight. I'm ok with the jets winning their series I just hope their fans/lain fans dont crap on leafs/Matthews if we get swept/lose out series. Hopefully the wild give a good fight but I dont mind jets winning.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Well one guy was in the Leafs' roster on a part-time basis, while the other guy, the one we we paid a second round pick for, has his spot set in stone. Ridiculous how much leeway journeymen get on this team just because they're "veterans". I'd rather load up on UFA centers in the AHL and give the 4c spot to Aaltonen... We ended up losing Toninato in part due to this crap. Could you imagine what would have happened if he'd worked out for the Avs?

I just thought it was funny as I was looking at SJ's playoff lineup and boom Eric Fehr was on the fourth line.

I bet you could have played any Moore, Fehr, Aaltonen or Plek and they'd all give you around the same level of performance. If Plekanec is the best out of that group I'd say its by a pretty slim margin and thats depressing when we gave up a second round pick for the guy.

Reactions: cookie

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota isn't much of an opponent without Suter and only half a Spurgeon. But Jets are terrific. One of the best teams in the league, and one of three teams that can compete with any team no matter how the games develop.

Wow the jets have it all. Size speed skill physicality. Pure domination 43 shots and only let 17 from
The wild

Re: Jets - Just looked at their roster. 15 players are 25 years of age or less. We are certainly not the only team with good young roster despite what we espouse at times. There's quite a few of them actually.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Is Plekanec even that much better than Eric Fehr?

That's a good question. Another good question (possibly an even better one) is why don't we have a center within our system that could jump into the 4C position? Seems odd for a team that supposedly (league leading according to some) has a deep pool of prospects.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The wild arent a good playoff team on talent right now with so manyinjuries but they are battling tonight. I'm ok with the jets winning their series I just hope their fans/lain fans dont crap on leafs/Matthews if we get swept/lose out series. Hopefully the wild give a good fight but I dont mind jets winning.

If fans crap out on Matthews right now, it will be justified. Laine has out played him. Laine has been engaging himself in battles, now mind you he hasn't face Chara. But Laine doesn't come off as a kid who will back down either

Jets have been the better team. We been painting a picture of how Matthews is so superior to Laine. As it stands today, 11:58 AM on Monday, Laine has out played and out competed Matthews.

I watched the goal he scored then that sad violin celebration. To me that's gold. I mean that's swagger. Love that from him

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Re: Jets - Just looked at their roster. 15 players are 25 years of age or less. We are certainly not the only team with good young roster despite what we espouse at times. There's quite a few of them actually.

There are. But the jets best players are 31 and 25. There top d is 33 and they sucked last year. There is a world of difference between 25 and 20. And they have had years of failure before. People have short memories

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
There are. But the jets best players are 31 and 25. There top d is 33 and they sucked last year. There is a world of difference between 25 and 20. And they have had years of failure before. People have short memories

Laine - 19
Trouba - 24
Ehlers - 22
Hellebuyck - 24
Scheifele - 25
Connor - 21

That's a really good young core. I think I'll stick with the original point I made because its valid. The biggest difference between the Jets this year and last is goaltending.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Laine - 19
Trouba - 24
Ehlers - 22
Hellebuyck - 24
Scheifele - 25
Connor - 21

That's a really good young core. I think I'll stick with the original point I made because its valid. The biggest difference between the Jets this year and last is goaltending.

It is. We aren’t the only team with good young players. There is a dramatic difference between a team being led by 20 year olds and a team with talented 20 year olds supporting them. Winnipeg is the best counterpart to Toronto but still not close in terms of young core leading the charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad