Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Vegas is a fast team and playing really tough against the Kings, really giving it to them...they are great at closing the gaps...and with the Flower being the Knights goalie with his 3 Stanley Cups, the Kings are going to have a tough time beating them.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Outside of Kopitar and Doughty I think I like Vegas's roster better then LA

Yeah, Vegas looks like a team full of energizer bunnies...they probably have one 1st line and three second lines, a bunch of 2nd pairing dman, and a world class goalie.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
so vegas, jets win, and the flyers get obliterated. what a fantastic first night of playoff action

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Nice to see Vegas win. I'd much rather them progress than the Kings. Also Brian Elliott needs to be better. That level of goal tending will not cut it against any opponent never mind the Pens.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Outside of Kopitar and Doughty I think I like Vegas's roster better then LA

The entire Western conference is pretty meh, tbh. Vegas, the Wild, and the Sharks don't have the star power. LA doesn't have the depth. Colorado is a year removed from last place. Anaheim gets filled in possession-wise nightly and guys like Perry aren't what they used to be. I like the rosters of at least 5 Eastern teams (us, Pittsburgh, Washington, Boston, and Tampa) over everybody in the West not named Winnipeg or Nashville (and Columbus is a pretty solid/underrated team too).

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Damn 2 one sided matches today, I hope our team doesn't get rolled over tomorrow. We already have too many squishy players that aren't built for playoffs.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
The entire Western conference is pretty meh, tbh. Vegas, the Wild, and the Sharks don't have the star power. LA doesn't have the depth. Colorado is a year removed from last place. Anaheim gets filled in possession-wise nightly and guys like Perry aren't what they used to be. I like the rosters of at least 5 Eastern teams (us, Pittsburgh, Washington, Boston, and Tampa) over everybody in the West not named Winnipeg or Nashville (and Columbus is a pretty solid/underrated team too).
Vegas don’t need star power. I would argue that they would give any team a run for their money including TB.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Damn 2 one sided matches today, I hope our team doesn't get rolled over tomorrow. We already have too many squishy players that aren't built for playoffs.
The dissonance to not see that Pittsburgh is the anti-thesis of a physical team and they had the best game today, and then to continue to say we have too many 'squishy' (wtf?) players is unreal

Reactions: Menzinger

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
So far every team that was expected to win, won last night.

I dont know about that. Lots of "experts" were picking Philly to win the series.

One of the local idiots in the media here said something along the lines of "Do we really even know what Matt Murray is yet?"

I mean the series isnt over yet, but I want Pitt to crush Philly so those guys can eat even more crow

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Doughty has a hearing for an elbow to the head
Flyers coach says that Eliott will start game 2.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
The dissonance to not see that Pittsburgh is the anti-thesis of a physical team and they had the best game today, and then to continue to say we have too many 'squishy' (wtf?) players is unreal
this guy you are responding to is spewing the same garbage in multiple threads..he knoweth not of what he speaks. he should do the honorable and rescind his fanship!

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Oilers cap situation looks pretty rough considering how many blatant holes they have in their lineup. They’re likely going to have to sell a good player (ie RNH) to free up some space.

I hate the Oilers but as a hockey fan it’s quite a shame to see them waste McDavids talents in his early years on that tire fire of an organization

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The Oilers cap situation looks pretty rough considering how many blatant holes they have in their lineup. They’re likely going to have to sell a good player (ie RNH) to free up some space.

I hate the Oilers but as a hockey fan it’s quite a shame to see them waste McDavids talents in his early years on that tire fire of an organization

Can't believe Nicholson is keeping Chiarelli around, lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad