Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Philly fans (of any sport) have a well deserved terrible reputation for sportsmanship
That's garbage.

Eagles games have an atmosphere that no hockey game has had in my lifetime.

The fans there have always been awesome to my groups and I.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That's garbage.

Eagles games have an atmosphere that no hockey game has had in my lifetime.

The fans there have always been awesome to my groups and I.

Philly is one of the worst places to be when their teams are losing, or even if you are just an opposing fan.

Top 20 Most Dangerous Places to Visit as A Fan

The Eagles stadium is ranked the most dangerous place to visit as a fan.

The Flyers fans threw commemorative braclets of their recently deceased team owner onto the ice because their team was losing.

They just threw full cans of beer at the refs and Penguins players when they were eliminated.

Reactions: Kurtz

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Philly is one of the worst places to be when their teams are losing, or even if you are just an opposing fan.

Top 20 Most Dangerous Places to Visit as A Fan

The Eagles stadium is ranked the most dangerous place to visit as a fan.

The Flyers fans threw commemorative braclets of their recently deceased team owner onto the ice because their team was losing.

They just threw full cans of beer at the refs and Penguins players when they were eliminated.
I have no issue with the bold - I wish Leafs games were like that.

Opposing fans are stabbed to death at stadiums in Oakland and San Diego but Philly is ranked the worst. Based on what metrics? Batteries thrown at Santa 30 years ago?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What I think is interesting is that he managed to keep a constant influx of good players via solid drafting (ie not relying on too 10 picks), and the Wild were defintley contending level for a few seasons.

What the wild lacked was that high end offensive talent (usually gotten via tanking).

Imo he could be an interesting fit for a team that’s already done the dirty work of getting its high end talent and is now focused on adding the last few pieces and sustaining what they’ve already built

To me he is one of those GMs who was unwilling to make bold moves and always played it safe. Whether that is due to ownerships or his personality, we will never know.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
To me he is one of those GMs who was unwilling to make bold moves and always played it safe. Whether that is due to ownerships or his personality, we will never know.

He’s definitely on the conservative side, but I don’t think that’s all that much different from lou’s behaviour as Leafs GM imo

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
He’s definitely on the conservative side, but I don’t think that’s all that much different from lou’s behaviour as Leafs GM imo
Lou is more patience and when he sees something he likes, he goes for it. Like trading for Dougie, and he is not afraid to let players walk for nothing.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
No upsets in the first round so far. When is the last time that happened?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Bill Peters hasn't been anywhere close to the playoffs in Carolina.

I didn't understand where this "Bill Peters sweepstakes" came from.

I can't understand why people in Calgary are so excited about this.

Weird.

Reactions: OddyOh

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Bill Peters hasn't been anywhere close to the playoffs in Carolina.

I didn't understand where this "Bill Peters sweepstakes" came from.

I can't understand why people in Calgary are so excited about this.

Weird.

The strange phenomenon in the NHL is teams love to hire guys who just flopped completely in one city and expect them to suddenly be good in another.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
You know Kypreos and Hrudey really dislike Kadri when after the game they were praising Tom Wilson like he's the best thing since slice bread...Wilson is a dirty player and should have been suspended for that headshot against the CBJ's player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->