Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Wow! What a goal by Haula to end that one. I surprised myself when I cheered.

Also, that was pretty cool - I started watching about halfway through the 3rd and still got pretty much a full hockey game out of it.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Remember when HFBoards pundits were calling for GMGM’s head post Vegas’ expansion draft/entry draft? Just an amazing story

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
What a great game in Vegas! I usually cheer for LA in P.O., tuned in for their first game and quickly found myself cheering for Vgn. Such a likeable team with great speed and skill. They totally dominated both games and chased la right out of their ring. Score is actually not at all describes these two games. Should have been a blowouts. Now don’t believe la can come back in this series, which is surprising to say the least. I would never bet on vgn against two times sc champs, but here we are.

I can totally see vgn win the cup in their first year of existence. They are playing crazy hockey and don’t even have Perron, who played great for them.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Minnesota isn't much of an opponent without Suter and only half a Spurgeon. But Jets are terrific. One of the best teams in the league, and one of three teams that can compete with any team no matter how the games develop.

I’m biased because i also enjoy the Wild, but it really was a shame that suter got injured before the playoffs.

The only chance the Wild could have had is if they just shut down the Jets in high danger areas (where Surer was the guy for that job) and grind out wins.

Now it looks like dumba May even be injured....

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Sid Crosby is really good at ice hockey. He’s now one point behind Mario on the Pens all time playoff scoring leaders.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Is Plekanec even that much better than Eric Fehr?
Well one guy was in the Leafs' roster on a part-time basis, while the other guy, the one we we paid a second round pick for, has his spot set in stone. Ridiculous how much leeway journeymen get on this team just because they're "veterans". I'd rather load up on UFA centers in the AHL and give the 4c spot to Aaltonen... We ended up losing Toninato in part due to this crap. Could you imagine what would have happened if he'd worked out for the Avs?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Winnipeg getting blitzed makes me feel a little bit better. Sometimes you get overwhelmed and the other team gets all the breaks. Jets are a great team and they are getting killed tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->