Around the League: Second Round Starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The worst part is Dallas actually fixed their defense this year and still suck. they have real problem going forward, and their best players are exiting their prime

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Wow, Dallas is just utterly falling apart.

But yeah, I'm not that invested on who we're facing in Round 1. Tampa and Boston are both tough. Will have to play our best to win so whichever it is we'll just deal with it.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Would've been nice to secure home ice in round 1 but staring on the road might actually be for the best. Leafs are pretty good on the road and you just have to get that split in the first 2 to really put pressure on the other team.

I also don't care if we face Lighting or Bruins. Both are tough but beatable.

member 262271

Dallas are a buncha no good bums, however the old waiting for other teams to start losing thing is hardly ever a realistic option. Bring on the playoffs.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Not to get ahead of ourselves but this could be a very pivotal stretch of games. Boston's next three are pretty tough. Minnesota (desperate team fighting to hold on to a playoff spot) Winnipeg...red hot...and Tampa...'nuff said. Meanwhile we've got two stiffs (Wings and Sabres) and Florida (beatable). If we sweep and Boston goes cold, we could be just a point out of 2nd by next weekend. And what a wild finish THAT could set up. Giddyup!!!

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Monaghan will undergo wrist surgery shortly and has also been dealing with a painful hip issue.

"This isn't something that just happened,'' said GM Brad Treliving. "We're talking not just one significant injury, but two. Injuries that in a lot of cases would've keep a guy from playing at all."

"He's been trying to muscle through as best he can and showed a lot of determination doing it. He said: 'I'm good. I can manage it.' And we tried to."

"But it's just time now. We've had to step in and say 'Okay, enough's enough. You've got to get this looked after.' He can't function."

"The hip needs to settle down a bit but he'll have a procedure on the wrist and it'll be a rehab process over the spring."

"That's where we're at."

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I saw these posted on the main board and I think they are funny enough to be posted on here.

DY7dqiXXcAAGMpZ.jpg

4abKSgQ.png

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I dont know if i should feel bad for the flames or be happy for the situation they are in. Most of there fans here are not to bad. The team has some likable players. I dont really dislike burke like some on here. They dont have many picks this draft either. Tkachuk, Jhockey, and monohan are 3 great forwards to have. But they need to find 2 more who can be a second line that dictates play to balace with backlund. Frolik, bennett and jankowaski are good third line pieces. They need to find a 2 good scoring wingers. Wonder if they look at jvr ( long term) and vanek short term as pieces to compliment backlund in driving the 2nd line.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I dont know if i should feel bad for the flames or be happy for the situation they are in. Most of there fans here are not to bad. The team has some likable players. I dont really dislike burke like some on here. They dont have many picks this draft either. Tkachuk, Jhockey, and monohan are 3 great forwards to have. But they need to find 2 more who can be a second line that dictates play to balace with backlund. Frolik, bennett and jankowaski are good third line pieces. They need to find a 2 good scoring wingers. Wonder if they look at jvr ( long term) and vanek short term as pieces to compliment backlund in driving the 2nd line.
They have Brian Burke as their team President, so I would not feel bad and I don't remember anyone feeling bad for Toronto when Boston got the 2nd overall pick from us because of the Phil Kessel trade. So isn't it funny how Burke is once again part of another team who trades their 1st round pick without making it conditional and will be missing the playoffs.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
They have Brian Burke as their team President, so I would not feel bad and I don't remember anyone feeling bad for Toronto when Boston got the 2nd overall pick from us because of the Phil Kessel trade. So isn't it funny how Burke is once again part of another team who trades their 1st round pick without making it conditional and will be missing the playoffs.
With the new lottery system being the same as nba I cant believe the flames were willing to trade a unprotected 1st. Like the chances of getting a top 3 pick arent too bad and why take the risk of giving a pick thats unprotected. That was a poor deal for the flames even though hamonic is a good number 4 dman. Flames will need a major retool this offseason.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If Dallas gets pick 2 or 3, they might be able to move that pick + Hesikanen for Dahlin lol

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
With the new lottery system being the same as nba I cant believe the flames were willing to trade a unprotected 1st. Like the chances of getting a top 3 pick arent too bad and why take the risk of giving a pick thats unprotected. That was a poor deal for the flames even though hamonic is a good number 4 dman. Flames will need a major retool this offseason.

Brian Burke: "I would match up our defense against any team in the league...." Testosterone, truculence, something, something...

We had Komisarek and Beauchemin at the time to name a couple...now, maybe he feels the same way about the Calgary d...:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->