Around the League: Capitals and Ovie are Stanley Cup Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto

Trotz officially out of Washington.

Wonder if the NYI throw money at him. Would be a solid coach for them.

Last edited:

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto

Trotz officially out of Washington.

Wonder if the NYI throw money at him. Would be a solid coach for them.

Crazy that the Caps finally get a coach/system/team in place that is able to go all the way, and immediately they start losing key pieces of their run.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Montreal is probably the worst run organization in the sport at this point. they keep giving up value in trades and don't haven't even addressed their gaping hole at center. now they'll either have to reach at 3rd overall and pass up on a better prospect, lose yet another trade, or sign yet another awful contract in free agency. They gave up so much value lately in Subban, Sergachev, and Galchenyuk (not even addressing those they let walk for free) and didn't even fill their biggest need. it's hilarious to watch them dig themselves deeper and deeper

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Seems as if the Caps tried to lowball Trotz’ new contract. Winning coaches will want Babcock level money

Eh they were willing to renegotiate on their originally agreed upon extension. Couldn't come to an agreement. I don't see a huge issue. Trotz deserves to get paid, but for a team that was pretty much at "win or your gone" before the win, it's probably best both sides move on.

Trotz gets to go where he wants and get paid, Washington gets to go with their groomed replacement and not pay as much. Win/win in my mind.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Well, well, I'm happy to see that Doug Wilson was smart to not keep Hoffman! I wonder if he got a few trade requests from some of his players when the trade was announced?

Now, I feel sorry for the Florida Panthers, especially the player's wives and girlfriends!

Oh, and, so much for Ottawa getting Hoffman out of the conference.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Ottawa also has their draft pick situation with Colorado. They are likely losing a top 5, definitely a top 10 pick in either this or next years draft.

Bittersweet. I'd like Ottawa/Montreal to ice a competitive team but after all the years they shitted on us. What goes round comes around

Reactions: Lilou

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Ottawa also has their draft pick situation with Colorado. They are likely losing a top 5, definitely a top 10 pick in either this or next years draft.

Bittersweet. I'd like Ottawa/Montreal to ice a competitive team but after all the years they ****ted on us. What goes round comes around

I can live with this. They had no problem rubbing it in our face for long time. I deserve this moment.

What do they say? don't stop your enemies while they are making mistakes. Let them

Reactions: Once

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
meh. i never believed this nonsense.
if they have what you want make the trade.

Depends on the player and/or return, and the standings for me. Wouldn't really have added up negatively in this case, IMO, so I'd agree.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON

Bittersweet. I'd like Ottawa/Montreal to ice a competitive team but after all the years they ****ted on us. What goes round comes around

I want them to be at the bottom for a long time. More than a decade at least. Then they will understand how painful it was for us. I am enjoying every second of it man.

Reactions: Menzinger

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Could Ottawa, in theory, wait to see who falls to #4 on the draft board and if they didn't get the guy they thought might fall then trade the pick to Colorado (if they have interest) for their 2019 1st back?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
https://www.tsn.ca/slight-thaw-in-a...flames-agree-to-talk-with-committee-1.1117505

The Victoria Park location for an arena came after an $890-million CalgaryNext project pitched by the Flames in 2015. That concept included a hockey arena, football stadium and field house on the west side of downtown.
Flames owners offered $200-million of their own money and proposed a $250-million loan be repaid through a ticket surcharge.
CalgaryNext was put on the back burner when council determined the project would cost as much as $1.8-billion, due to remediation of creosote-soaked soil on site.

Can you imagine if the City signed off on that joke proposal ... they'd be paying $1.3 billion dollars so the rich could get their toy in a new location and us suckers paying would get a huge tax hike!

Could Ottawa, in theory, wait to see who falls to #4 on the draft board and if they didn't get the guy they thought might fall then trade the pick to Colorado (if they have interest) for their 2019 1st back?

Sure if Colorado would trade the 2019 pick for the 2018.

Put it this way, Colorado would be getting a guaranteed 4th. overall.

Of course the Golden Knights are just an expansion team and will probably end up in the lottery in 2018.

So I'd say the same thing about the Senators, they'll probably be in the lottery in 2019. Just like that expansion team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->