Around the League - PLAYOFFS!?

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
I'm happy for Ovi. But I think the Wings would have done more damage in a series than the Caps will.
Caps traded Mantha and Edmundson at the TDL and their blue line has been decimated down the stretch with injuries.

The fact they even got in just shows how bad they and the rest of those bottom feeders are.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
It likely only gets worse for Pitts next season with an even older team and a mid pick this year sucks too. Do they still have this year's pick?
Traded it in the Karlsson trade with top 10 protection on it. Barring winning the lottery, that pick will be either 13th or 14th overall.

Pretty much worse case scenario.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I want Boston. And Boston probably wants us over Tampa too.

I think we let the Panthers win tomorrow, get Auston his 70, and hope Ottawa can pull out a miracle. We start 30 mins later so we should know what cards we hold.
Except for #70, nailed it.

It will matter. Boston is going to lay down and die for Ottawa in game 82.
Fixed it for you.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Florida-Tampa could be fun to watch .. two asshole teams beating up each other for 7 games.
It should be. Hopefully Florida competes and it goes 7 games.

In terms of rivalries, talent, hatred, this could be the best series we’ll see this playoffs. Hopefully it’s gets the primetime tv slot. Knowing the NHL it’ll likely be buried on ESPN Classic.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Caps have to be the worst playoff team in the cap era. Kinda crazy they made it.

What's funny is you could ignore them and make a similar argument for the Isles who come in as a 6 seed

Reactions: uncleben

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
The Fan590 morning guys called him biggest loser of the year, ahead of the Sens. Well done Kyle.
Feel bad for Crosby.

Pens were still top heavy enough with solid goaltending and on the right end of GA such that they should have easily made the playoffs this season. We have hindsight to know "easily" is an understatement. We've never witnessed the bottom 7-8 this bad before.

Enter Dubas. Wheel and dealed them into mediocrity. The PP was clear evidence how the team build had no overall cohesion or well thought out plan. In no world should a PP with Crosby on it be that bad.

Last edited:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Crosby had every opportunity to allow a trade to a contender. Staying with the Pens only prolongs fans suffering. Enjoy.

Reactions: MCR74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad