Around the League 2016/2017 - v2.0 Welcome to Never Never Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
z1p3Fjc.gif

lol

Way to hold back in front of millions of people. lol, the stick wouldn't even break.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
especially bad goal?

I'd expect them to be losing

Its being challenged - very weak goal. They just are bad. Had slight hopes they'd beat the ducks.

Unfortunately the flames have a very weak schedule ahead of them for a while.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Its being challenged - very weak goal. They just are bad. Had slight hopes they'd beat the ducks.

Unfortunately the flames have a very weak schedule ahead of them for a while.

*Oh how bad can it be?*

Coyotes
Avalanche
Canucks
Canucks
Jets

Wowee

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
the Nucks have been winning latey. They may become a threat down the line

We better not take them lightly next game

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The Nucks have done us a solid the last few games, let's repay them and help their tank.

VAN is actually not completely terrible. Yeah, the future is bleak, but they still compete and we need a full effort against them.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The Nucks have done us a solid the last few games, let's repay them and help their tank.

VAN is actually not completely terrible. Yeah, the future is bleak, but they still compete and we need a full effort against them.

It's going to be crazy when the twins finally hang them up. They're still carrying that team as much as they possibly can, and the team still desperately needs them to do that every single night.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It's going to be crazy when the twins finally hang them up. They're still carrying that team as much as they possibly can, and the team still desperately needs them to do that every single night.

Honestly, I respect the Sedins a lot more now in the twilight of their career. I'm done with the "Sedin sisters" shots, those guys are class acts.

Once they're gone, it's looking bleak for them.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Honestly, I respect the Sedins a lot more now in the twilight of their career. I'm done with the "Sedin sisters" shots, those guys are class acts.

Once they're gone, it's looking bleak for them.

Yeah, way past the negativity about those guys too. They have been warriors for that franchise. Just noticed Henrik is 21st in the NHL in TOI/game among forwards. At 36 years old. Still giving all he has. His brother too of course (42nd among forwards in TOI/game).

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah, way past the negativity about those guys too. They have been warriors for that franchise. Just noticed Henrik is 21st in the NHL in TOI/game among forwards. At 36 years old. Still giving all he has. His brother too of course (42nd among forwards in TOI/game).

If they did a Jeter/Big Papi/Kobe style retirement, I'd give them a standing ovation when they came to our house for the last time. Apparently they give back a lot to the community too, just class acts.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
If they did a Jeter/Big Papi/Kobe style retirement, I'd give them a standing ovation when they came to our house for the last time. Apparently they give back a lot to the community too, just class acts.

Do you respect them more now, cause they dont torch the oilers everytime they play?

And from what ive heard they give back to the vancouver community quite a bit.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Do you respect them more now, cause they dont torch the oilers everytime they play?

And from what ive heard they give back to the vancouver community quite a bit.

More a respect as humans. I've been a "Sedin sisters" basher for years, I have friends that are Nucks fans and I've mocked them for years.

It's a respect thing now, they do so much for their community and give back. That means a lot to me, I've always given my time/money to the less needy, so I respect those that help the less fortunate as well. It's similar to how many of us like Yak for him helping the homeless guy a few years back.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
More a respect as humans. I've been a "Sedin sisters" basher for years, I have friends that are Nucks fans and I've mocked them for years.

It's a respect thing now, they do so much for their community and give back. That means a lot to me, I've always given my time/money to the less needy, so I respect those that help the less fortunate as well. It's similar to how many of us like Yak for him helping the homeless guy a few years back.

So you respect them as people, more than hockey players.

Make's sense and I can agree with you there.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It's super sad how desperate Leaf fans are to put Matthews above McDavid.

Now they're posting graphs that show higher "loose puck retrievals."

GTFO.

Cherry picked useless stats.

McDavid's rookie season beats him in PPG, P/60, High Danger Scoring Chances For% (HSCF%), HSCF/60, Goals for/60.

To summarize, McDavid's rookie season (with a significant injury) saw him have: More points per game, more points per 60 minutes played at even strength, more high percentage scoring chances created than given up, more high danger scoring chances generated per 60 minutes, and he was on the ice for more goals per 60 minutes. In short, better offensively in categories that matter.

Puck recoveries being used for Matthews? Scoring chances? HSCF% and per 60 matter more and are more accurate. TO media really reaching.

How come no PPG or points per 60 chart?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Cherry picked useless stats.

McDavid's rookie season beats him in PPG, P/60, High Danger Scoring Chances For% (HSCF%), HSCF/60, Goals for/60.

To summarize, McDavid's rookie season (with a significant injury) saw him have: More points per game, more points per 60 minutes played at even strength, more high percentage scoring chances created than given up, more high danger scoring chances generated per 60 minutes, and he was on the ice for more goals per 60 minutes. In short, better offensively in categories that matter.

Puck recoveries being used for Matthews? Scoring chances? HSCF% and per 60 matter more and are more accurate. TO media really reaching.

How come no PPG or points per 60 chart?

Next thing you hear from Leafs fans will be "Matthews has more cowlicks per interview"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->