Around the League 2016-2017 PT 2 Everyone is scoring boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Matthews with 4. Amazing. To think with a little bit of better luck with the lottery and he could have been a Canuck. I think many of our fans will be thinking that thought many times over the next ten years. This kid is special.

Also kinda freaky to think that he could have been an Oiler, too.

Not me, it is what it is

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Hawks depth issues....

This is the year that ****ing putz [Bowman] gets exposed. The roster talent masked his screw ups for years and with multiple teams and franchises. I look at how the terrible moves, contracts, et al have manifested itself in a team lacking in talent. It's just one game but Toews didn't look any better. Hossa has no hands any more, and while being a good possession guy, can't pass or shoot enough to be first line material. Kane's lack of desire on defense is sickening, and this team can no longer afford to have a player capable of so much more offering so much less. AA is really a third line center and the rest are hacks.

If this team gets any better than a 6th I'd be SHOCKED without rapid maturation from SEVERAL young guys. We just don't have the talent to compete with the big boys, and definitely aren't good enough for Q to keep using horrible PK deployment strategies and stupid ass lines.

Thanks to Stan being a dumbass and signing Bickell we had to give TT away for free. That hurts...a lot. Same with not making the moves to ensure Saad could be locked up earlier. Too many mistakes, and mistakes that can't happen in a cap world with two 10.5 million dollar players. Especially with neither of which being worth that money (I'm officially worried about Toews now).

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I don't think Lucic had a horrible first game as an Oiler. He put up 6 hits, a couple of shots and with some better finishing on the line last night he puts up a point or two. One in particular was when it was 2-1 or 3-1 and Eberle was stoned. Lucic did the forecheck work.

Certainly he isn't fleet of foot but I think he'll be effective for the Oilers for the next few years. After that it becomes dicey like most big UFA deals.

Nice to see Kass playing like he can. I hope he keeps that up and himself a nice career.

Flames D and goaltending was shockingly bad but it's game 1.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i thought the puck died on lucic's stick a lot but he was definitely a force out there. if his timing improves he's going to score a lot on mcdavid leftovers.

i do question putting eberle on that line though. he's just a passenger in the first class dining room waiting for dinner to be served. given lucic is likely to be the same a lot of nights, i think that's going to reduce mcdavid's effectiveness.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Behind the blueline, the Oilers don't impress me much (nor do the Flames for the matter). Until they improve there - I fail to see either team being better than the Canucks.

Last edited:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Watching yesterday's games makes me think Canucks have a chance at making the playoffs. Calgary and Edmonton have terrible goaltending and defence.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
oeXDsON.png
[/IMG]

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Saw Forsling last night, man, made me drop a tear, we gave him up for basically nothing :)help:).

Yeah for someone so young he looked extremely poised out there. Could still definitely put on some weight but that is the great thing about 20-year olds. Lots of time to bulk up. Benning has a lot of blunders but I think this might take the cake.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
It's cute seeing Hawks fans complain. Yeah your GM isn't the best and makes some bad decisions but you've won 3 cups in recent memory and had the highest scoring player in the league last year. Oh yeah, you also got the Calder winner for diddly squat. Let me pull out my violin.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
It's cute seeing Hawks fans complain. Yeah your GM isn't the best and makes some bad decisions but you've won 3 cups in recent memory and had the highest scoring player in the league last year. Oh yeah, you also got the Calder winner for diddly squat. Let me pull out my violin.

...meanwhile, ours has the team finish in 3rd last place & mental gymnastics follow....

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
omg we might finish 6th if it all goes wrong!!!!!!

First World hockey problems. They just picked up a free "top 5" pick in Panarin, a "free" top 4 dmen in forsling. What next, complaining that they don't have enough room in the Stanley cup trophy cabinet for another one?

3 Stanley cups, still got good players, just enjoy it even if it is in decline it has one hell of a run, who knows you might get one more cup.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Stoked for today's games. The debut of Laine and Buchnevich. :yo:

I found the *****ing about the Blackhawks GM amusing too. Yeah they made some bad trades but they've still got the best scouting and arguably best team on paper in the league. It's like someone complaining about Jerry Krause back in '96.

Although they were dumb to trade TT.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC

Haha, so true. Honestly, one cup before I die is all I ask for. Just one ffs... and I'll die a happy man.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
:laugh: Huge cheers for AV at the Garden for the Rangers' opener. The Rangers had an unbelievable opening ceremony.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Looking forward to watching the McCann/Malgin line for Florida tonight. Some underrated fantasy hockey assets right there for any other poolies in deep keeper leagues - obv everyone here knows about McCann, but have been tracking Malgin for a year now, really nice potential there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->