Around the League 2016-2017 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Things are happening in Florida. The Panthers trade Jason Demers (12,5% retained) for Jamie McGinn straight up. It wasn't a secret that FLA wanted to get rid of Demers, but his NTC probably forced them into doing something like this.

I no longer have any idea, what Florida is doing. They were relatively competitive, but were decimated by injuries, which led to a bad season. Instead of just getting healthy and trying again, they've now blown up a good chunk of their roster. To me, these look like tank moves, not something that a competitive team would ever consider...

On the flipside, ARI just got EVEN STRONGER. OEL/Hjalmarsson, Goligoski/Demers, Chychrun/Schenn is actually a very good defensive group, plus they didn't really need McGinn anyway. Chayka the front runner for GM of the year?
Let's see how they do before we start counting up points. Watched that franchise reliably suck for 25 years.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I can't believe that Sakic is okay with letting this Duchene saga continue. His face in that photo shoot was classic. I don't think I've ever seen a better "I don't want to be here" face in my entire life.

DJuwhn4VAAUMt_w.jpg

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
James Neal is such a boy scout, the Preds total was altered by a -2 when he joined. Now that he's gone it's back to +2.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Ricky:''Ewww is that Jared Boll on my team???''
Perry:''Where is this dudes stick? (wants to steal it)''

Meanwhile the Preds player is having a good amount of Ketchup flowing on his foot (is this from Game 5? :facepalm: )

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Good times with that guy.
He took almost 2 days longer (than before) to make another 31-Dmen poll when Fowler was winning the 23rd or 24th spot. Then when enough people had voted for Klefbom he made a versus thread between those two.
It's really amusing how far he will go to support his own delusions. He did have that green journalist name at one point here - I'm not surprised that ended quickly.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/rfa-josh-anderson-requests-trade-blue-jackets/

"But negotiations have been difficult. Anderson is a restricted free agent. On Tuesday, The Athletic’s Aaron Portzline reported the team and player were “as little as $150,000 per year (apart) on a three-year contract — but both sides are standing firm on principle.”"
Am I missing something here? 17 goals and 29 points last season and the guy is holding out? What a time to be alive.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Columbus are stingy as **** though. I'm guessing they're low balling him big time.
They are, but at the end of the day when you're coming out of your ELC and posted 1 ok NHL season you shouldn't really be holding out, it's a real bad look IMO. Just sign the bridge and prove you deserve bigger money when your next RFA contract is due.

17 goals in the current NHL is no joke, sadly.
For sure, but even then he was still only the 132rd highest goalscorer and 247nd points scorer in NHL last season. Figures that firmly put him in bottom 6 territory. Hell he was only 6th highest goalscorer on his team and 11th in points.

This whole situation seems bizarre to me, there has to be something else to it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I do think we have looked worrying this preseason cosidering we have mostly played against teams B squads, but this also needs to be taken into consideration (notice it`s the previous preseason)

(how can I embed a tweet in this version?)
* never mind just paste the full link and it shows up automatically. Note to others. This is pretty cool

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I do think we have looked worrying this preseason cosidering we have mostly played against teams B squads, but this also needs to be taken into consideration (notice it`s the previous preseason)

(how can I embed a tweet in this version?)
* never mind just paste the full link and it shows up automatically. Note to others. This is pretty cool

You can also use the "media" button, which allows you to embed a host of media types, including NHL videos again.

Reactions: Kalv

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Wasn’t Kasperi Kappenan supposed to be some off the charts prospect?

Back to the AHL

I hate to say this but the Leafs are absolutely stacked up front. He's going to the AHL for the same reasons Theodore and Montour went to the minors last year. Connor Brown who scored 20 last year is on their 4th line.

I really hope we see some sophomore slumps from Leafs forwards and their D crap the bed because I don't want to see them in the playoffs again. Their fan base is insufferable right now.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The days of Toronto and Edmonton missing the playoffs are over. Both teams have their cores intact now and those guys (McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, Nylander, Marner) are only getting better. Sure they'll have some cap problems to deal with but as long as none of those guys asks for a trade they'll be in the playoffs every year.

You suck as long as they did, inevitably you'll find the right few players at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad