Around the League 2 - Tank command central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I honestly didn't realize it was such a big deal. I had moved on from that conversation the minute it was over, but then everytime the Sens run was mention

:laugh: you had moved on the minute it was over, but immediately posted twice in this thread as soon as S1C2 posted, including a post where you said it wasn't as impressive to you as other things?

Anyhow BLB. We are all just pokin fun. I wasn't trying to imply that this was some major thing.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
:laugh: you had moved on the minute it was over, but immediately posted twice in this thread as soon as S1C2 posted, including a post where you said it wasn't as impressive to you as other things?

Anyhow BLB. We are all just pokin fun. I wasn't trying to imply that this was some major thing.

I responded to the "beating the dead horse" comment because of S1C2's needling since that convo and added the :laugh: to show it wasn't to be taken seriously. As for the other part, like I said, I'm in the minority, I understand that, but given how difficult it is to move up in the standings (3 point games are the devil), I simply found that moving from 15th to 3rd (as Washington did) or 15th to 7th (as St. Louis did) to be bigger accomplishments. Those came with much less fanfare as well. :sarcasm:

But again, those don't take away from what the Senators did this year....What the WILD did this year takes away from what the Senators did this year ;)

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I responded to the "beating the dead horse" comment because of S1C2's needling since that convo and added the :laugh: to show it wasn't to be taken seriously. As for the other part, like I said, I'm in the minority, I understand that, but given how difficult it is to move up in the standings (3 point games are the devil), I simply found that moving from 15th to 3rd (as Washington did) or 15th to 7th (as St. Louis did) to be bigger accomplishments. Those came with much less fanfare as well. :sarcasm:

I'm no Journalism major, but I guess I took the statement " I had moved on from that conversation the minute it was over" at face value...meaning you were done with it at that time. Obviously, there is a different meaning that I'm not aware of. :laugh::sarcasm:

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Help me understand the statistics part of it. Anyone can look at statistics, especially journalism majors, and say this or that. But what does it REALLY mean when it's reported that it's the farthest any team has ever come back to make the playoffs?

* not directed at anyone...just taking from last evening's discussion. *

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i ran the numbers through an incredibly complex and difficult statistical algorithm that is way above any journalism major's head, and it said that there is a 100% chance that 14 is more than 13 or 12

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
i ran the numbers through an incredibly complex and difficult statistical algorithm that is way above any journalism major's head, and it said that there is a 100% chance that 14 is more than 13 or 12

You know, you've got a really underrated sense of humor on here. There's rarely any trolling regarding actual games or players, and you hit on some really good jokes. #mancrush

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
* not directed at anyone...just taking from last evening's discussion. *
Your shot suppression has been duly noted.

Even though it's asinine to attribute shot suppression to an individual, the Absurd Stats Committee has made an historic exception in your case. So you've got that going for you. ;)

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Well, we were talking about individual players' goal totals. If someone is racking up assists, someone else is scoring the goals.

I know...was just messing around. Whether it's assist or goals, the problem with Carolina is they didn't put the puck in the net enough.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Faulk contract looks like a steal right now after Klingberg new deal.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yep, though it always looked like a steal anyway. That Klingberg contract is still decent value even if he stays at his current level, not spectacular but it won't hurt. It's banking on him getting better and I think when all is said and done the Stars are going to really like that deal. The Faulk contract is probably one of the best contracts in the league already, guarantee within 2 years people are going to be wondering what the hell Faulk's agent was doing.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Jarrett Stoll arrested for possession of that booger sugar in Vegas.

EDIT: whoops wrong thread, would a mod mind moving this to the Around the League thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->