Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Montreal's defense is terrible. That Alzner signing has been a flop and Weber has just been OK. There's nothing there.

Now that the wheels have fallen off for Price it's going to be messy. And entertaining!

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Jordan Nolan has been garbage all season according to Buffalo fans. :laugh:

Glad we didn't keep him around.

Nolan is effective only when throwing the body hard, driving to the net, stirring it up with the others teams star players and fighting. If he isn't doing that he isn't effective. He has fought like 3 Ducks in his time as a King so he really pissed them off especially Getzlaf. When he plays that game he is noticeable. I heard a rumor someone say he hates fighting and if that is the case and he thinks he is a scorer he will be in the KHL like his bff King soon enough.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Pens finally got that 3rd line center, Riley Sheahan. They traded forward Scott Wilson and 2018 3rd round pick to the Wings for Riley Sheahan and a 2018 5th rounder. I like Sheahan and I think he'll fare far better under Sullivan.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Both Nolan and King were right place right time call ups. The Kings were playing a heavy forechecking style in 2012, and Sutter had the cycle going like a machine.

Nolan and King were perfect grinders for the perfect grinding team. Times change.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Las Vegas wins AGAIN. They're 6-1-0 now.

This has been a fun year so far. Scoring is up. Lots of surprises and weird games.

Also, Calgary lost. That really warms the heart.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Las Vegas wins AGAIN. They're 6-1-0 now.

This has been a fun year so far. Scoring is up. Lots of surprises and weird games.

Also, Calgary lost. That really warms the heart.

I am sure Vegas is going to the playoffs now, because as we all know the first 7 games mean everything.

I do think it's great the Golden Knights are off to such a great start though. People in Las Vegas have been waiting for a professional sports franchise for a long time.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I am sure Vegas is going to the playoffs now, because as we all know the first 7 games mean everything.

I do think it's great the Golden Knights are off to such a great start though. People in Las Vegas have been waiting for a professional sports franchise for a long time.
Emotion and momentum can carry a team a long way and Vegas definitely has those going for them. I picked them to finish last in the division, but it wouldn't shock me if they massively over achieved and parlayed this hot start into a playoff spot. It would be a great story.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I'm happy for Vegas. Although I still think McPhee is a terrible GM who will do more harm than good for them.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I said in the off-season Vegas was not going to be some awful team. They are actually a decent team, and plenty of teams were going to underestimate Vegas.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Another loss for Edmonton. 1-5-2 in regulation.

Almost nobody left to hate on the Coyotes, but that's a rough start. In 6 of their 9 games, they've gotten about 0 saves.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Edmonton is going to eventually figure it out, but what a huge start for the Kings to have a 10 point cushion on the team that most have pegged as the division favorites.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
The top 3 teams in the Pacific right now are LA, Vegas and Vancouver.
giphy.gif

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Lucic played in OT. Definitely don't miss that!

It's unfortunate that we gave up so much to get him, but thank god that he didn't re-sign that laughably bad contract offer DL gave him, and signed with a division rival. He is a total slug.

The Oilers better hope that the new CBA allows for compliance buyouts. This guy is headed down the Cheechoo/Richards career path.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
It's unfortunate that we gave up so much to get him, but thank god that he didn't re-sign that laughably bad contract offer DL gave him, and signed with a division rival. He is a total slug.

The Oilers better hope that the new CBA allows for compliance buyouts. This guy is headed down the Cheechoo/Richards career path.

There's a good chance both the Kings ex-garbage could be bought out by Edmonton in the next set of CBO. Lucic is a 2.75-3.5 million player at this point. Lucic of course could turn it around, but he's no 6 million a year player.

Reactions: Herby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad