Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Can't re-sign Doughty if we acquire Tavares.

We could. It would be tight but we could do it. $2 million cap increase the following year and Greene's buyout cap hit comes off the books. Those two things should be $3 million

Edit #1: And then we could also trade one of Muzzin/Martinez and their $4 million cap hit. We will have to eventually due to Folin/Fantenberg and also to make room for Clague

Edit #2: Ladue?
Forbort/Doughty
muzzin/martinez
fantenberg/folin
MacDermid
Ladue/Clague in the AHL

We have too many d men. At least one probably two will be gone in the next couple years.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What did people actually expect Handzus to be? I always thought he was just supposed to be a depth player and he was.

Exactly my point. I think Dean knew despite whatever he offered there weren't going to be any star UFAs signing with the Kings.

Even with Handzus he had to offer 4 years and a NMC to get him signed.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Oilers are gonna snap back hard.

One would think, but that fragility is still there. If one of their top 2 are injured or off their game, others aren't picking up the slack. They lack depth and their D and goaltending isn't good. Like in years past, trading some of that young talent for some smart stay at home types would make them extremely formidable. Getting Larsson was a start but they need one more solid vet.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I love this response from Simmonds. Haley gets a little heavy with one of the kids and Simmonds gets involved. Not a great fight, but it sends the message that the Flyers wont put up with it.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/137844
so tired of those kind of hits in the NHL, it's so chickenshit to lay into a guy like that and call it "finishing your check" when we have so many rules about "minimizing" contact to prevent injury. not trying to take hitting out of the game but that puck is long gone and that hit is like the stuff we see in football where guys truck the punter just because they know they can.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seeing Lundqvist become a mediocre goalie right in front of my eyes gives me such a warm feeling in my heart, a feeling I have long forgotten. Thank you Lundqvist.

Along those lines, did anyone else see the consensus best d-man in the world AINEC who is now elite defensively holding the lead in the 3rd last night?

Controller disconnected

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
There was some isles posters saying that a New York (presumabely Isles) player was looking at $5 million houses in Dana Point when the Isles were in town. Said it was because the gf is a model and wants to get into acting.

That doesn't seem to fit Tavares. His fiance is not a model from what I understand. She's some sort of physical therapist with a masters. The poster claimed to have some sign in or log book with his name down as a business record. So I am taking it with a grain of salt.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Jesus christ what awful defense. We would have launched Doughty into the sun if he did that. Dudes garbage defensively.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Seeing Lundqvist become a mediocre goalie right in front of my eyes gives me such a warm feeling in my heart, a feeling I have long forgotten. Thank you Lundqvist.
Right behind him is all universe Carey Price getting lit up like a xmas tree.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Not that I want Anaheim to win, but it sure is fun watching the Canadians have a full on melt down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->