Armchair GMs II: Potential Red Wings Ideas & Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
With all the potential for overages, all the raises we will owe, and how many guys we have losing waiver exemption this offseason we should really, REALLY refrain from re-signing Quincey.

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Marchenko
Ericsson-Smith
Ouellet

Or we can clear some space and sign Byfuglien :)

I hate that Ericsson contract more and more with each passing day. I'd dump him and keep Quincey if it were possible. Or dump Smith. We waived Kindl, so Hilland's gotten the wake up call and taken the first step of taking out the trash.

Is it possible we trade Jimmy during the off season for some cap relief?

To me, Jurco and Andersson are wastes of cap space and are first on the waiver wire. Richards will also be gone next year most likely.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I hate that Ericsson contract more and more with each passing day. I'd dump him and keep Quincey if it were possible. Or dump Smith. We waived Kindl, so Hilland's gotten the wake up call and taken the first step of taking out the trash.

Is it possible we trade Jimmy during the off season for some cap relief?

To me, Jurco and Andersson are wastes of cap space and are first on the waiver wire. Richards will also be gone next year most likely.

When making defensive pairs, I almost always like our team better without Ericsson. I'd prefer to plug in XO for him on my bottom pair. But he's not going anywhere for awhile.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
If we can turn Nyquist, Howard, KFQ, Ericsson + Into Buff and Shattenkirk, that would be great. We would need to trade for Shatty and sign Buff in the offseason.

Z-D-Abby
Tatar-Larkin-Pulks
AA-Sheahan-Jurco
???-Glendening-???

Kronner-Buff
DDK-Shattenkirk
Smith-Green

Mrazek

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
If we can turn Nyquist, Howard, KFQ, Ericsson + Into Buff and Shattenkirk, that would be great. We would need to trade for Shatty and sign Buff in the offseason.

Z-D-Abby
Tatar-Larkin-Pulks
AA-Sheahan-Jurco
???-Glendening-???

Kronner-Buff
DDK-Shattenkirk
Smith-Green

Mrazek

That's one hell of an expensive back-end... Kronner @ 4.75, Green @ 6, Shatt and Buff both looking at 7mil each, DDK up for a raise so 4 mil+?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's one hell of an expensive back-end... Kronner @ 4.75, Green @ 6, Shatt and Buff both looking at 7mil each, DDK up for a raise so 4 mil+?

St. Louis would also be WAY over the cap adding Nyquist, E, KFQ, and Howard.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
When making defensive pairs, I almost always like our team better without Ericsson. I'd prefer to plug in XO for him on my bottom pair. But he's not going anywhere for awhile.

That would be nice.

Kronwall-Green
DDK-Quincey
XO-Marchenko
Smith I guess is 7th D unless we package him in a trade for Buff or Shatty. Same can be said for Ericsson.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'm pretty confused. So Mule can no longer be on LTIR? If that's the case, Kenny needs to make a move before Miller returns right?

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe
I'm pretty confused. So Mule can no longer be on LTIR? If that's the case, Kenny needs to make a move before Miller returns right?

Me to. Seems nobody has a good explanation to what's happening. It's weird. Either way, with Miller placed in LTIR he will be out at least three weeks, problem solved for now I guess.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I don't want Yandle. He's just another Green - a complimentary piece

We need a long term solution for our D. Shattenkirk might be that, idk

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
This is the time to get a guy like Yandle when his value is at its lowest. I think he's a far more realistic trade option for us.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I've been in support of adding Yandle for years.

Why would the Rangers trade him though? Is his name actually out there, or is this just carry-over of Yandle being on the trade block since the beginning of time?

Edit- Yandle would be 2nd on our team in assists by a good margin. Guy is such a stud puck mover.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
I've been in support of adding Yandle for years.

Why would the Rangers trade him though? Is his name actually out there, or is this just carry-over of Yandle being on the trade block since the beginning of time?

Edit- Yandle would be 2nd on our team in assists by a good margin. Guy is such a stud puck mover.

Apparently he has no interest in re-signing with the Rangers due to his use by the coach.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Apparently he has no interest in re-signing with the Rangers due to his use by the coach.

Only issue for me is the amount of LD we would have that can't play the right side. Otherwise, I'd love to add Yandle. I also don't think he would come cheap.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
Maybe we can get Ericsson to waive his ntc and work something out with him for Yandle.... I can dream can't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad