Armchair GMs II: Potential Red Wings Ideas & Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Opens up a spot for another Dman this + next year which is handy + saves cap for Kenny

Which forwards run out of waiver exemption next year?

Exactly, I believe that Vancouver is one of the teams interested in Kindl, But wanted Holland to take a player back. And like you said it opens another spot for a Dman this next year and it sounds like Vancouver is desperately trying to move Higgins might be a win win for us and Vancouver then.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Opens up a spot for another Dman this + next year which is handy + saves cap for Kenny

Which forwards run out of waiver exemption next year?
Losing waiver exemption after the 15-16 season
-Frk
-Coreau
-Jensen
-Marchenko
-Mrazek
-Nedomlel
-Ouellet
-Sproul
-Tvrdon

Losing waiver exemption after 16-17 season
-Athanasiou
-Mantha
-Nosek

Losing waiver exemption after 17-18 season
-Bertuzzi
-Nastasiuk
-Paterson
-Russo

Losing waiver exemption after 18-19 season
-Hicketts
-Holmstrom
-Larkin
-Turgeon
-Svechnikov

Losing waiver exemption after 19-20 season
-Saarijarvi

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
With all the potential for overages, all the raises we will owe, and how many guys we have losing waiver exemption this offseason we should really, REALLY refrain from re-signing Quincey.

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Marchenko
Ericsson-Smith
Ouellet

Or we can clear some space and sign Byfuglien :)

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Losing waiver exemption

True after age, but Mrazek only has five games left to 80 so will drop his exemption next week or so. Marchenko has 28 games/this season. Nosek 64 games/next season. Larkin will drop his exemption after next season if he stays healthy. Guess they aren't the hardest calls but still think it's worth pointing out playing games can affect it.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Nyquist/Svechnikov/1st for Shattenkirk. Get it done.

If we could swap Tatar for Nyquist I'd do it real fast. Nyquist is showing a real ability to gain the offensive zone with control. Other than Datsyuk and Zetterberg he's our best player for it. Tatar loses it way too often. I really value controlled entries.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
This is what i proposed on the big board, Most of the Blues fans seemed to like it maybe a 2nd instead of the 1st. I would gladly do this if Shatty agreed to a long term extension with us.

Yeah, credit to you cause I stole the idea!

I think it's perfect for us. He has a modest caphit. Honestly, even without an extension immediately I'm fine with it...he's signed for 1 more year still, gives us plenty of time to work out the salary issues. By the time he is due for a raise we will be rid of Quincey, and who knows what happens with Datsyuk. Makes it a preferable trade to Buff I'd say.

Most players who end up in Detroit seem to want to stay, I'm not terribly worried about losing him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
True after age, but Mrazek only has five games left to 80 so will drop his exemption next week or so. Marchenko has 28 games/this season. Nosek 64 games/next season. Larkin will drop his exemption after next season if he stays healthy. Guess they aren't the hardest calls but still think it's worth pointing out playing games can affect it.

You're right. Copied and pasted from my post from about a year and a half ago.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
If we could swap Tatar for Nyquist I'd do it real fast. Nyquist is showing a real ability to gain the offensive zone with control. Other than Datsyuk and Zetterberg he's our best player for it. Tatar loses it way too often. I really value controlled entries.

I'm in the Tatar > Nyquist camp honestly, I see your view though. I'm fine with either trade.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

These are my thoughts exactly. Plus Tatar seems to turn the puck over much more than NyQuil.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Nyquist/Svechnikov/1st for Shattenkirk. Get it done.

I don't think STL bites. The value is good but doesn't really address their biggest need (a skilled center). They are also in win now mode. I don't expect them to value prospects and futures as much as other organizations might.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
Throw in Sproul and Joker :naughty:

let's be realistic here. holland ain't giving up 4 homegrown/drafted assets.

then again, realistically we'll probably trade that 1st for some borderline 3rd liner with playoff experience.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
They're moving Shattenkirk because of his salary. Considering Nyquist makes more than him I don't see why the Blues make that deal.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
I don't think STL bites. The value is good but doesn't really address their biggest need (a skilled center). They are also in win now mode. I don't expect them to value prospects and futures as much as other organizations might.

Yeah, you make a good point.

That said, I think Nyquist/Tatar helps their forwards quite a bit even if they aren't centers...if they are set on trading him this year we really just have to hope that no one else offers them a similar package including a center. I think that's a fair hope, there's really not that many teams that would offer that. I've seen a couple MTL proposals including Galchenyuk, I just can't see MTL trading for more defense.

Edmonton would probably be the other obvious team, but they were apparently pretty reluctant to trade RNH for Jones so not sure if Shattenkirk changes that.

I'm fine if we miss out on him due to the reasons you said, as long as Holland actually makes an offer. Can't really do much after that.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
They're moving Shattenkirk because of his salary. Considering Nyquist makes more than him I don't see why the Blues make that deal.

I was under the impression that the main issue wasn't his current salary, but his future salary. He's due for a raise, which would be hard for them to do.

Nyquist makes about the same amount and is signed for a few years to come.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Losing waiver exemption after the 15-16 season
-Frk
-Coreau
-Jensen
-Marchenko
-Mrazek
-Nedomlel
-Ouellet
-Sproul
-Tvrdon

Losing waiver exemption after 16-17 season
-Athanasiou
-Mantha
-Nosek

Losing waiver exemption after 17-18 season
-Bertuzzi
-Nastasiuk
-Paterson
-Russo

Losing waiver exemption after 18-19 season
-Hicketts
-Holmstrom
-Larkin
-Turgeon
-Svechnikov

Losing waiver exemption after 19-20 season
-Saarijarvi
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Mrazek is not waiver exempt anymore.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I was under the impression that the main issue wasn't his current salary, but his future salary. He's due for a raise, which would be hard for them to do.

Nyquist makes about the same amount and is signed for a few years to come.

i see them likely wanting Tatar instead since he's making $2.75 for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad