Stoke me a clipper.
Continue.

4264324.jpg

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
@Volicia

Pretty much what I said in the main forum. However I would add that if we can get a proven, cap fitting, age appropriate RW for a package that includes Bennett I could be tempted as well.

Still want to wait before giving up on him though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
@Volicia

Pretty much what I said in the main forum. However I would add that if we can get a proven, cap fitting, age appropriate RW for a package that includes Bennett I could be tempted as well.

Still want to wait before giving up on him though.

In a package for a signed Duchene, or signed Tavares... or like a MacKinnon package; go for it. Go, go. But like, Bennett for a 25 y.o struggling player or something just makes no sense.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I would even add to bennett for pasta. But we might as well be discussing Tarasenko or Tavares because that is the level of likelihood this has of being successful. Our best hope of getting Pasta is tossing him a stupid offer sheet, which might just end up harming us contract wise long term.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
So Pasta for Bennett, glad we could all agree.

Ummm, don't think the Bruins would agree. Pasta is 5th in RW scoring, 3 points behind Tarasenko for 3rd and 19th in the entire NHL, as a 20 year old. He has more points this year than Bennett's entire career, including the playoffs.

BurnEmUp

Feb 27, 2009
In a package for a signed Duchene, or signed Tavares... or like a MacKinnon package; go for it. Go, go. But like, Bennett for a 25 y.o struggling player or something just makes no sense.

MacKinnon package?

What are we looking at for him?

Bennett
2017 1st
Kylington

Too much?
Not enough?

Probably have to add Bouma or Stajan for cap reasons, and this would have to be after the expansion draft where Vegas takes Brouwer, also for cap reasons.

Gaudreau - Monahan - MacKinnon
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Ferland - Jankowski - Lazar
Bouma - Hamilton - Chiasson

Pretty awesome top 6 and a solid forward group from to bottom. Also, both MacKinnon and Lazar would be able to play center if needed. Depth at C is a great thing.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
MacKinnon package?

What are we looking at for him?

Bennett
2017 1st
Kylington

Too much?
Not enough?

Probably have to add Bouma or Stajan for cap reasons, and this would have to be after the expansion draft where Vegas takes Brouwer, also for cap reasons.

Gaudreau - Monahan - MacKinnon
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Ferland - Jankowski - Lazar
Bouma - Hamilton - Chiasson

Pretty awesome top 6 and a solid forward group from to bottom. Also, both MacKinnon and Lazar would be able to play center if needed. Depth at C is a great thing.

Av's have already said MacKinnon isn't moving. Even if he was, it would have to be Brodie or Hamilton as the center piece.

They aren't moving one of their star players unless it's for an upgrade on D. A lesser center as the main piece for their better center just won't happen. It would be like us moving Gaudreau for a package around Duclair.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Av's have already said MacKinnon isn't moving. Even if he was, it would have to be Brodie or Hamilton as the center piece.

They aren't moving one of their star players unless it's for an upgrade on D. A lesser center as the main piece for their better center just won't happen. It would be like us moving Gaudreau for a package around Duclair.

Yeah, it'd be a pipe dream getting Mack, but we could always wish :laugh:
Duchene or Tavares is maybe more likely; but I wouldn't trade for either unless they were signed long term.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
II the suggestion involving Strome was Strome +, not straight up. The suggestion from an Isles fan was Strome & Pelech for Bennett

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Is Pelech any good? Honestly don't know.
He's been the Isles #7 but with their defense depth that isn't a bad thing. He's a stay at home type that is good at moving the puck up the ice. I think he could be a solid #5 with middle pairing potential as like Strome he is just 23.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He's been the Isles #7 but with their defense depth that isn't a bad thing. He's a stay at home type that is good at moving the puck up the ice. I think he could be a solid #5 with middle pairing potential as like Strome he is just 23.

Eh, I don't hate the value. Just has that two nickels for a dime kinda feel to it. I am also not a huge fan of Strome. I don't think Bennett is that far back of where Strome is now.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Eh, I don't hate the value. Just has that two nickels for a dime kinda feel to it. I am also not a huge fan of Strome. I don't think Bennett is that far back of where Strome is now.
I really feel like he has played better since the coaching change and a new organization will help him break out. I think his potential is just as high as Bennett and adding a good young defenseman would be great since I'm not that high on Kulak and don't know if T-Spoon will be back

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

Strome + Wotherspoon for Bennett sounds a lot nicer to me. Centre is a more coveted position and Wotherspoon's upside is a fair bit higher than Pelech.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Remember how bad Scheifele was at 20? Most players don't break out until 21-23.

Our top 6 is already really good.

We have a legit #1C in Sean Monahan. A legit #2 in Backlund. If Bennett or Jankowski becomes a middle six center then we are laughing.

I see Bennetts floor as a 40 point 2 way center/ or a 50 point winger. Both of those things help us immensely more than Ryan Strome who has been a healthy scratch at points this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad