Fan of Intangibles
Jan 13, 2014
Vancouver, B.C
Calgary trades:
Dillon Dube
Matthew Phillips

Columbus trades:
Josh Anderson

Gaudreau-Monahan-Anderson (Basically a better RHS Ferland)
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Versteeg (Gives Bennett two competent linemates playing proper sides)
Stajan-Jankowski-Lazar

I like it. I think Anderson would be a nice addition

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Calgary trades:
Dillon Dube
Matthew Phillips

Columbus trades:
Josh Anderson

Gaudreau-Monahan-Anderson (Basically a better RHS Ferland)
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Versteeg (Gives Bennett two competent linemates playing proper sides)
Stajan-Jankowski-Lazar

I like Josh Anderson, but I really don't want to move Dube. I think he's going to play a key role while on an ELC for us in our middle six when things get a little tighter cap wise.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I like Josh Anderson, but I really don't want to move Dube. I think he's going to play a key role while on an ELC for us in our middle six when things get a little tighter cap wise.

Anderson is proven and is a better Ferland that is a RHS. Anderson's not going to make that that much more, and when both contracts expire Dube's going to be making a lot as well.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I'm not sure if this is where Calgary Flames lineups go but I'm gonna post mine.

If I'm way off feel free to correct/educate me to what the Flames lineup should look like.

My Calgary Flames 2017-18 Line-up

Line 1 LW Gaudreau C Monahan RW Ferland
Line 2 LW Tkachuk C Backlund RW Frolik
Line 3 LW Versteeg C Bennett RW Brouwer
Line 4 LW F. Hamilton C Lazar RW Jankowski

1st D-Pair LD Giordano RD D. Hamilton
2nd D-Pair LD Brodie RD Hamonic
3rd D-Pair LD Kulak RD Stone

Goalie's:
Starter: Smith
Backup: Lack

Scratched List
C Stajan
C Shinkaruk
LD Bartkowski
-----------------------
LW Glass ~ (PTO) release from try-out
C Cramarossa ~ (PTO) release from try-out

RW Hathaway 1st forward recalled
RD Andersson 1st defender recalled
G Gillies 1st goalie recalled

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'm not sure if this is where Calgary Flames lineups go but I'm gonna post mine.

If I'm way off feel free to correct/educate me to what the Flames lineup should look like.

Goalie's:

Scratched List
C Stajan
C Shinkaruk
LD Bartkowski
-----------------------

Why does everyone put Versteeg as a LWer, when he sucks there? That 3rd line was a nightmare last season and will continue to be this season. Bennett cannot be saddled with Brouwer again.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Goalie's:

Scratched List
C Stajan
C Shinkaruk
LD Bartkowski
-----------------------

I think the end result turns up as something close to what you posted, but I would presume Stajan becomes LW before being a scratch. I doubt both LW are right shots. So swap freddy with Stajan.

Pairs are: JG/Mony, Backlund/Frolik, TKachuk/Stajan, Stajan/C

I hope for this: But I doubt it.

JG - Mony - Ferland
Frolik - Backlund - Brouwer
Tkachuk - Bennett - Versteeg
Stajan - Janko - Lazar

Gio - Ham
24/7
Sylvester Kulone

Smith
Lack

-----
TSpoon
Freddy

Barts is in the same range as TSPoon and Kulak but doesn't have a future with us. Swing for the fences with those two young dmen. IMO he played last season because of compensation. He made NHL biggs money as payment for being expansion fodder. I doubt he plays this season unless TSpoon and Kulak are so horrific that we have no choice but to waive and part ways with them.

Just my opinion. No idea what Gully may do long term, but I do know he seems to like juggling lines.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
What I'm (realistically) hoping for

Gadreau-Monahan-Ferland
Jankowski-Backlund-Frolik
Tkachuk-Bennett-Versteeg
Stajan-Lazar-Brouwer
Hathaway, Hamilton

Gio-Dougie
Brodie-Hamonic
Wotherspoon/Kulak-Stone
Wotherspoon/Kulak

Smith
Lack

What I think is the best:

Tkachuk-Monahan-Ferland
Gaudreau-Bennett-Jankowski
Frolik-Backlund-Brouwer
Versteeg-Stajan-Lazar
Hathaway, Hamilton

Gio-Dougie
Brodie-Stone
Kylington-Hamonic
Wotherspoon/Kulak

Smith
Rittich

I think what the Flames go with will be scarily similar to RG3Hockey posted though

If Bartkowski is still a Flame past October 4th I might barf

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Well Anderson has apparently requested a trade. We really should be a frontrunner or else, it's treason then.

There's no reason for us to be front-runners.

Just to be clear for everyone, it's Josh Anderson that's requested a trade. Another left winger.

EDIT: Upon further review, he's a right-shot right winger.

We should really try to get him.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
There's no reason for us to be front-runners.

Just to be clear for everyone, it's Josh Anderson that's requested a trade. Another left winger.

EDIT: Upon further review, he's a right-shot right winger.

We should really try to get him.

He's basically a RHS, more smarter, more skilled Ferland that scored zero non-es goals last season, and is known to play a very gritty crash the net and generate high danger chances style. Shooting above 15% that way is sustainable.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Anderson wants more money than he's worth. Plus adding another depth winger does what for us? We have that in spades, we need top line talent not another maybe third liner.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Not sure I would want us to pursue Anderson. He could grow into an option as a top 6 RW. However for me he is in that same tier as Ferland. All adding him really does is push one of them out of the top 6.

If we didn't have a player like Ferland on RW already, I would be alright with offering up a prospect for Anderson. As our team stands right now I don't see him as a great fit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's an upgrade over Ferland, and Frolik isn't getting off the 3M line.
What planet do you live on where Josh Anderson is an upgrade on Ferland? Similar offensive numbers, despite Anderson being on a team that is far superior offensively and he doesn't bring the same physical assets that Ferland does.

Reactions: Cyrano

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What planet do you live on where Josh Anderson is an upgrade on Ferland? Similar offensive numbers, despite Anderson being on a team that is far superior offensively and he doesn't bring the same physical assets that Ferland does.
He had zero non-es goals, and that's playing weak minutes, whereas Ferland got Monahan and Gaudreau. Anderson is known for his power forward style of play, having that scoring touch was just an added bonus.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Not sure I would want us to pursue Anderson. He could grow into an option as a top 6 RW. However for me he is in that same tier as Ferland. All adding him really does is push one of them out of the top 6.

If we didn't have a player like Ferland on RW already, I would be alright with offering up a prospect for Anderson. As our team stands right now I don't see him as a great fit.
If we really want to keep the 3M line in tact and not give Bennett terribad linemates, please do this trade and run:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Anderson
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Ferland-Bennett-Versteeg (Versteeg needs to play RW)

Instead of Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer. :help:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He had zero non-es goals, and that's playing weak minutes, whereas Ferland got Monahan and Gaudreau. Anderson is known for his power forward style of play, having that scoring touch was just an added bonus.
weak minutes also means weaker defenders. I get that you have your head in the clouds, but it's time to come down to earth and realize this isn't an upgrade at all. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
weak minutes also means weaker defenders. I get that you have your head in the clouds, but it's time to come down to earth and realize this isn't an upgrade at all. [MOD]

And yet Ferland couldn't do jack against weak defenders. It's not just a matter of upgrading the top 6, it's also a matter of upgrading the bottom 6, please do not use Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer again. That is a disaster in the making.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad