Speculation: Armchair GM Thread: Post your terrible ideas here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Who wants to try to pry Tyler Johnson from the Lightning and try him as our RWer?

Unless Calgary can make a trade for Kucherov, Okposo, or Mark Stone in a reasonable trade it makes little sense. Why trade laterally??

Other than a #4 D-man and a starting goalie I hope Calgary makes few changes. The team is on the cusp and with the shear numbers of young players still working to their potential the immediate future is very bright.

Calgary has 3-4 D-men in the AHL that are very close to graduating. 2-3 Forwards and one of either Gillies and/or Rittich that is ready for the back-up role in net.

The depth of this team is getting to be rather impressive. Now it is just a matter of the scouting and development team doing their job to keep the supply line healthy.

Oh and resign Treliving.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bring back Sutter.
giphy.gif

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I hope the Oilers welcome me with open arms.

Day 1: Trade McDavid, Puljujarvi, and Draisaitl for Brouwer, Stajan, and Bouma.
Day 2: Trade Talbot to Flames for future considerations.
Day 3: Sign Jonathan Bernier to a 15x8 contract.
Day 4: Trade Eberle for Tanner Glass, then sign Glass to a 10.5x8 contract.

What else?

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
So a Colorado fan offered Duchene and 4th overall available. Just for fun, would anyone be willing to trade Brodie for that package, and then draft Miro Heiskanen with the 4th overall (Assuming Dallas picks Valiardi)?

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
So a Colorado fan offered Duchene and 4th overall available. Just for fun, would anyone be willing to trade Brodie for that package, and then draft Miro Heiskanen with the 4th overall (Assuming Dallas picks Valiardi)?

Nope.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
If expansion can free up some cap space, would you guys do our 2017 1st rounder + Shinkaruk for Joe Pavelski? He's on the older side and foot speed is a big issue already, but he'd basically be a replacement for Jiri Hudler that we clearly missed this past year. Would do lines that are something like:

Versteeg-Monahan-Ferland
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Gaudreau-Bennett-Pavelski
Stajan-Jankowski-Chiasson

Would be a perfect top 12. PP units would be something like

Pavelski
Gaudreau-Monahan-Versteeg
Brodie

Bennett-Backlund-Tkachuk
Giordano-Hamilton

PK units something like:

Backlund-Frolik
Bennett-Pavelski
Jankowski-Chiasson
Stajan-Ferland

Giordano-Stone
Brodie-Hamilton
Kulak-(K. Miller?)

Last edited:

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
I'd kick myself for doing it right now when the Flames need a Brodie but I'd be kicking myself for not doing it in two years or less when Duchene gets back to being a borderline 1C and Heiskanen is already a 3D.

That is pretty great value for Brodie if the Flames could afford to move him though. I don't even want to imagine this team's defense without him though.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Feels like a safe assumption Treliving would inquire.

Considering Treliving is in on everything and anything that's made available, you know he's in on this one.

We don't have a third to offer up. A 4th, 5th or a 4th next year I'm okay with paying to get our guy, if Tre thinks Bishop is 'our guy'.

If he is, then I think Calgary needs to bring back Johnson as the familiar face.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I'd kick myself for doing it right now when the Flames need a Brodie but I'd be kicking myself for not doing it in two years or less when Duchene gets back to being a borderline 1C and Heiskanen is already a 3D.

That is pretty great value for Brodie if the Flames could afford to move him though. I don't even want to imagine this team's defense without him though.

You're forgetting that we have the best player in the 2012 draft coming up in Mark Jankowski. Duchene is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad