Speculation: Armchair GM Thread Mk. II - Now Paging Derek Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm going to be house boating come draft time. It'll be the first time I miss it in over a decade.
One of my favourite days as a hockey fan.
best 3 days of the year are draft day(s), deadline day and free agent day

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
The reasons you mentioned in the first paragraph are why he might be available for pennies on the dollar. I wouldn’t give up barely anything of significance for him.

Think Brouwer and a B asset. My thing with Kesler is he was hurt this season. It’s reasonable to think he will be better going forward. Yes I’d want retainment on him and I’d only make a very modest offer.

That was my thought when I saw his name yesterday in the trade forum. If we can give them Brouwer and we don't have to worry about his NMC in the expansion draft, I'd think about it long and hard.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Andersson + Frolik for Kessel
Brodie + Bennett for Lindholm + Hanifin
Sign Derek Ryan

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Kessel
Ferland - Jankowski - Ryan
Mangiapane - Shore - Brouwer
(Hathaway)

Giordano - Hamilton
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kulak - Stone
(Kylington)

Okay feel free to shoot.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Sign Derek Ryan

(Hathaway)

Giordano - Hamilton
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kulak - Stone
(Kylington)

Okay feel free to shoot.

It's terrible.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Sign Derek Ryan

(Hathaway)

Giordano - Hamilton
Hanifin - Hamonic
Kulak - Stone
(Kylington)

Okay feel free to shoot.

I think that's a better line-up than what we've got now. You think Kessel would come that cheap?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I disagree.

I disagree with your disagree. So, more words this time.

Frolik/Andersson for Kessel is a no-brainer. That's not the terrible part.

Signing Derek Ryan is the sort of nepotism we already had enough of during GG's Grossman / Bartkowski / Chiasson obsession. Give a coach a clean slate with his whole roster. It's bad for team psyche to not be evaluated objectively. Even if Ryan is a solid player, he's a highly expendable one and we can't have veteran players of that sort being given an edge that defies actual on-ice play.

Brodie/Bennett for Lindholm/Hanifin is not only a notably losing trade for the Calgary Flames, it is a trade that furthers the above issue of nepotism.

Reactions: Rockmorton

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I disagree with your disagree. So, more words this time.

Frolik/Andersson for Kessel is a no-brainer. That's not the terrible part.

Signing Derek Ryan is the sort of nepotism we already had enough of during GG's Grossman / Bartkowski / Chiasson obsession. Give a coach a clean slate with his whole roster. It's bad for team psyche to not be evaluated objectively. Even if Ryan is a solid player, he's a highly expendable one and we can't have veteran players of that sort being given an edge that defies actual on-ice play.

Brodie/Bennett for Lindholm/Hanifin is not only a notably losing trade for the Calgary Flames, it is a trade that furthers the above issue of nepotism.

How do you figure it's nepotism, simply because they are from Carolina? The idea in targeting them is because Carolina is blowing up their team, not because we have Peters (which is fair to argue regarding Ryan). We will have to agree to disagree on value though.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
The only problem with those trades is that neither of the other teams do it. Maybe the Hurricanes bite if it's Hamilton instead of Brodie.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This Phil Kessel?

images

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Excited for the draft/free agency... this post season seems eternal holy cow... I have watched a fair bit of the games. Just seems like its lasting forever.

Even though we don't have a pick in this draft (in the good rounds), I will still watch the 1st round and hope Tre pulls off some magic.

How can you get excited for the draft?...there is no magic to pull unless he trade a core player

As for FA, Kane got 7M/yr...this is my feeling

q3iCWqE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad