Speculation: Armchair GM/Rumors Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Ya know if we're looking for the next Kiprusoff, maybe Antti Raanta (NYR) is the guy we should be looking at. The 27-year old Finnish goalie has had some very strong games behind strong teams the last 2 seasons. And he is a UFA at the end of this year.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Ya know if we're looking for the next Kiprusoff, maybe Antti Raanta (NYR) is the guy we should be looking at. The 27-year old Finnish goalie has had some very strong games behind strong teams the last 2 seasons. And he is a UFA at the end of this year.

:laugh: I can just imagine 100's eye twitching.

I'm still living in fantasy land that Tampa trades Bishop to make cap room for Stamkos.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Goalies. Lots of goalies.

giphy.gif

(Mods halp me! I'm on my phone and can't get the gif to work!)

Edit: You the best II!

Last edited:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Reimer+Ortio

It's cheap, won't cost significant assets and should be hold the tide until Gillies is ready or the Flames can poach a Murray or Vasilevskiy.

Or Halak (for Wideman)+Ortio. Same thing.

Bishop would cost a first plus while Andersen isn't nearly worth what it would cost given how's he barely an upgrade on Ramo.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Said it before but I'll say it again: Reimer or Raanta, preferably both. Not a big fan of giving up significant assets for a goalie, unless it's just a 2nd or something and the goalie is a PROVEN starter. No more "giving guys a shot", "hoping he can run with it" or "best goalie not in the NHL" BS, it'll just be another repeat of this year.

Can't see TBL moving Bishop at all, he's likely been there MVP this year. Andersen is not that good, his numbers are alright but he plays behind the #1 defensive team in the league that clogs up the middle as good as any team I've seen. Firmly believe he'd look awful here. Howard, Ward, Elliott, Miller and Halak all have their warts but they would be the only ones I'd feel comfortable with Ortio backing up.

Last edited:

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
There's talk on the Colorado board about trading one of Varlamov or Pickard. Would be interested in either one. Likely wouldn't happen until next off season but definitely interesting.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
There's talk on the Colorado board about trading one of Varlamov or Pickard. Would be interested in either one. Likely wouldn't happen until next off season but definitely interesting.

I think Tampa's in the same boat with Bishop and Andrei Vasilevskiy. Bishop's contract's done at the end of next season, and he's been their MVP. Tough to think they'll let him walk. But if you extend him, then Vasilevskiy's spinning his tires.

Would you trade the Dallas 1st (perfect world) + one of our better prospects for Vasilevskiy?

TkachuckNotTkaczuk

Jan 21, 2015
Seattle
I think Tampa's in the same boat with Bishop and Andrei Vasilevskiy. Bishop's contract's done at the end of next season, and he's been their MVP. Tough to think they'll let him walk. But if you extend him, then Vasilevskiy's spinning his tires.

Would you trade the Dallas 1st (perfect world) + one of our better prospects for Vasilevskiy?

No, I'm of the opinion that Gillies may be ready in a years time, had he not been injured I think he very well have been called up and run with it this year, he's that good imo.

My preference would be a 1 year FA signing, just someone who can get a respectable job done with Ortio as backup.

Is really too bad that Gillies got hurt this year as it would have made the decisions going forward so much easier cause management would know what we have with Gillies in the pros.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Aside from the fact it was Cox, it was also 6M from the Leafs, which in other words means, he was only going to stay for an overpayment.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Aside from the fact it was Cox, it was also 6M from the Leafs, which in other words means, he was only going to stay for an overpayment.

Would anyone be comfortable with 4.2 (Talbot) for a few years on Reim?

With the Sharks in front of him, he's been great, like .925SV% great, sub 2GAA great. Even in Toronto with that joke of a team in front of him, he had stats that would have kept Calgary in the playoff picture.

:laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Would anyone be comfortable with 4.2 (Talbot) for a few years on Reim?

With the Sharks in front of him, he's been great, like .925SV% great, sub 2GAA great. Even in Toronto with that joke of a team in front of him, he had stats that would have kept Calgary in the playoff picture.

:laugh:

He does seem a little underrated. The only concern is durability. But something between 4 to 5M per for two to three years would perfectly acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad