Speculation: Armchair GM/Rumors Thread v.18.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Rychel, Nuke, Drouin, Yak

Hamonic... Lots of young guys on the move it looks like.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Not surprised at all, he got the big raise after a solid year and didn't live up to it. I know he had some injuries issues but the games he has played he looks like a 4th liner that will be chipping in around 5-10 goals a year, not a potential 20 goal scorer.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Not surprised at all, he got the big raise after a solid year and didn't live up to it. I know he had some injuries issues but the games he has played he looks like a 4th liner that will be chipping in around 5-10 goals a year, not a potential 20 goal scorer.

Shockingly. Can't believe how many people kept defending that contract and saying he "broke out offensively". lol

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Shockingly. Can't believe how many people kept defending that contract and saying he "broke out offensively". lol
most people defending the contract knew he wouldn't have the same offensive season again. we think he is worth it for the other things he brings to the table

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
most people defending the contract knew he wouldn't have the same offensive season again. we think he is worth it for the other things he brings to the table

Except he stopped doing that as well, perhaps due to injuries.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He's overpaid, but it's not by much. 2.2 is easily managed, if he gets outplayed, he'll sit in the minors at 1.3; nothing to really cry too much about.

I think everyone knew he wasn't going to be a 15+ goal scorer, but I think the hope was 10. Pro-rated he's not even at 5 this year. It's been a tough year for Bouma; so I hope next year he can get back on track. Or be traded. Either works for me.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

He broke his leg and then had a deep cut. He's spent a huge chunk of the season with Stajan and Bollig instead of Mikael Backlund.

Far from proof of anything other than it's been a bad season for him.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Bouma should really change the style he blocks shots. It seems like every time he blocks a big one he's hurt badly and can't finish the shift. How he extends a leg out to expose the insides where there's few protection will cost him many games over the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->