Proposal: Arizona/Montreal - #5+??? for #3

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Arizona are weak as hell on the wings, but it seems likely that Svech/Zadina/Tkachuk go 2/3/4, leaving them with poor winger options at 5th overall. Trading up to 3rd overall so they can snag Zadina could be huge for them.

Meanwhile Montreal are pretty set on the wings, and apparently quite interested in Kotkaniemi, who should still be there at 5th overall. If they're sold on Kotkaniemi, trading down and getting some extra value would make a lot of sense.

What would Arizona have to add to get this done?

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
I'm pretty confident one of Zadina or Tkachuck will be available at 5, if not both. If you listen to Bob Mackenzie's podcast he's saying that some scouts he has Zadina falling below a couple of D's.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm pretty confident one of Zadina or Tkachuck will be available at 5, if not both. If you listen to Bob Mackenzie's podcast he's saying that some scouts he has Zadina falling below a couple of D's.

I heard Ottawa likes Zadina so I would think he’s gotta be #3 on their draft board.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Wahlstrom should still be there at 5 and if Craig Button thinks he can be a 40-50 goal scorer the Yotes have every incentive to stand pat either get him or Zadina.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think Galchenyuk for Domi + 3rd would be fair value.

Oh, right. Well, let's see.

Galchenyuk + 5th for Domi + 3rd would favor Habs but I think that if Habs add someone like Danault it might be a fair deal.

Byzantium

Jun 17, 2017
I heard Ottawa likes Zadina so I would think he’s gotta be #3 on their draft board.
Yep I think Zadina goes at 4th but Dobson would be a great fit for Ottawa aswell if EK is traded. The scouts Bob talked to had him higher than Hughes, Bouchard and Boqvist.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Pretty much what everyone else said. There isnt much Incentive to trade up for AZ. The price we would have to pay is just not worth it, especially when Wahlstrom will more than likely be there. The following situations are:

Zadina falls to 5 and we draft him

Zadina is taken 1-4 and we Draft Wahlstrom

Both Zadina and Wahlstrom go top 4 and we take the best D in the Draft not named Dahlin or we Draft Tkachuk.

Yotes are fine at 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad