OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It's not a one man protest. People are protesting with their feet, depriving the team of revenue. I'm still a season ticket holder. To me my protest is reasonable. I see no growth this year. rather, I see pond hockey.

As to those 5 years of Tip I was consistent in my opinion that the Coyote's roster mess was GMDM's fault and that he should have been fired. Eventually, he was fired. While not distraught over Tippet's departure, I maintain that his hand was forced by GMDM and that the Tippet hate was misplaced.

If people are protesting with their feet then why is our attendance currently up from last season??

Just posted a tweet to BoH in that regards. We’re actually up a half percent which isn’t much but when you throw in all the arena, ownership and Doaner drama it’s flying in the face of the narrative that the current team record is driving fans away.

Reactions: Yandover

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If people are protesting with their feet then why is our attendance currently up from last season??

Just posted a tweet to BoH in that regards. We’re actually up a half percent which isn’t much but when you throw in all the arena, ownership and Doaner drama it’s flying in the face of the narrative that the current team record is driving fans away.
One possible explanation is that a lot of it was buzz from the off season. I bought a flex pack this year and turned like 7 of them in right away, which apart from reply buy if the first time I've bought tickets from the team, but I did that based on my foolish optimism from the off season moves. If I had known the season would be this nightmarish, I at the very least would have waited to use them, or maybe even just waited for the second half of the season and used reply buy often.

Not that I represent the thoughts and motivations of every ticket buyer, but I think they need to be much better to close the year out or that buzz generated from last off season may wear off, and we could see less tickets sold.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
One possible explanation is that a lot of it was buzz from the off season. I bought a flex pack this year and turned like 7 of them in right away, which apart from reply buy if the first time I've bought tickets from the team, but I did that based on my foolish optimism from the off season moves. If I had known the season would be this nightmarish, I at the very least would have waited to use them, or maybe even just waited for the second half of the season and used reply buy often.

Not that I represent the thoughts and motivations of every ticket buyer, but I think they need to be much better to close the year out or that buzz generated from last off season may wear off, and we could see less tickets sold.

Man this thread is not very OT is it :snide:

I've been saving all my flex vouchers :laugh:
Tonight's game is only the second one I'll be at and I still have like 32 vouchers left.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Up a half of a percent? :biglaugh:And you weren't laughed off of the BOH board for asserting that it has any significance? I go to every game and I can assert with equal insignificance that the crowds are no greater than last year. There has been no bump with the new ownership, coach and talent. People aren't paying good money to experience this bad hockey team. Except for me and a couple of thousand, at most, STH. :baghead:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Man this thread is not very OT is it :snide:

I've been saving all my flex vouchers :laugh:
Tonight's game is only the second one I'll be at and I still have like 32 vouchers left.
Oh yeah this is the OT thread. Wise choice, I got voucher happy.

Up a half of a percent? And you weren't laughed off of the BOH board for asserting that it has any significance? I go to every game and I can assert with equal insignificance that the crowds are no greater than last year. There has been no bump with the new ownership, coach and talent. People aren't paying good money to experience this bad hockey team. Except for me and a couple of thousand, at most, STH. 
The increase is minimal, but it's surprising there's an increase at all considering we had an all time shitty start.

To get this thread back off topic, today is an absurdly good college football day. Oklahoma tcu wasn't close towards the end, but it was still damn good. Ucf Memphis was out of control great. Now Georgia Auburn, hell yeah.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Oh yeah this is the OT thread. Wise choice, I got voucher happy.

Oprahgivesvouchers.gif

The increase is minimal, but it's surprising there's an increase at all considering we had an all time ****ty start.

To get this thread back off topic, today is an absurdly good college football day. Oklahoma tcu wasn't close towards the end, but it was still damn good. Ucf Memphis was out of control great. Now Georgia Auburn, hell yeah.

I dunno what numbers people are using. Though 11 games last season attendance was(via ESPN): 142,133 total
Through 11 games this season it's 146,820

That's looks like more than half a percent by eyeball but someone else can do the percentage change maths on that.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Up a half of a percent? :biglaugh:And you weren't laughed off of the BOH board for asserting that it has any significance? I go to every game and I can assert with equal insignificance that the crowds are no greater than last year. There has been no bump with the new ownership, coach and talent. People aren't paying good money to experience this bad hockey team. Except for me and a couple of thousand, at most, STH. :baghead:

I wasn’t expecting a bump. But to continue to opine that people are voting with their feet and walking away in droves right now “because the team sucks” doesn’t match the numbers.

This could change drastically if the arena lease isn’t extended at the end of this month but until there’s some hard evidence that shows it that narrative is moot.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Oprahgivesvouchers.gif

I dunno what numbers people are using. Though 11 games last season attendance was(via ESPN): 142,133 total
Through 11 games this season it's 146,820

That's looks like more than half a percent by eyeball but someone else can do the percentage change maths on that.
Quick and dirty calc is 3.3% rise using last year's attendance as a base.

Reactions: SniperHF

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Jakey, Chych was healthy scratched last year and he might not be an upgrade to Kconn, or not much of one. Our third pair is not the problem, Kcoon.Schenn don't get many minutes or tough minutes. Raanta is unproven as a number 1, who knows if he is going to be good or not. All teams deal with injuries. What do we say when everyone is healthy and we still are a sub .500 team? I hope when Raanta and Chych are in the line up we turn into a .600 win % team, just like that, it was all about the injuries. I hope thats it, but my gut tells me thats not the case.

What I'm trying to say is that everyone is blaming RT and his system. I blame everyone for this mess. We made way to many changes over the summer which was meet with high fives all around, but it has come back and bit us in the a--. I don't like using injuries as an excuse but for a rebuilding team it hurts much more as we do not have the depth of a Chicago, Pittsburgh etc. We should have been a bubble team this year but we s--- the bed big time, and now we are having players coming off their ELC and we have to pay OEL who may want to leave. We have more ready talent than we have ever had and most were seeing that light at the end of the tunnel at the end of last year. What went wrong? Everything!

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Attendance so far is up from last year, but not as high as our post WCF year. At what attendance level is GRA viable?

11w3rrr.png
[/IMG]
11w3rrr.png

Reactions: Yandover

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Just back home from a whirlwind AZ/NV vacation for wedding in Gilbert, Coyotes/Devils and Coyotes/Knights over the weekend. First and only Coyotes games I'll see in person this season ... probably.

The kids were sick ... Keller and Perlini and Dvorak and Fischer are so, so fast. After moving to town for the golden years of Chipchura and Moss and Klinkhammer, seeing the fruits of Don Maloney's rebuild was really cool. Impressed by Wedgewood, great shutout against NJD. Staff at the main entrance (Westgate side) was even sparser than I remember from 2015, hope that was an anomaly because it looked really amateurish to have so few people checking tickets. Gift shop had some cool new things in it. I just added to the puck collection with a couple new designs because I'm not cool or new, but the variety is awesome in there. Finally got to try the arena poutine ... buddy opted for regular, I went with green chili, and while i'm not sure green chili poutine is actually poutine, the stuff was damn good.

HIGHLY recommend a trip up to Vegas for one of those games if you get a chance. I drove in about 3 hours before puck drop on Sunday, plenty of time to get situated, get a ticket, eat, drink (out on the street, bless this town) and enjoy the scene before the game. Saw and high-fived probably 40 Coyotes fans, sat next to a couple Vegas fans (Canadian transplants who lived out there now) who were really cool. Prices in the arena were a half-tick higher than ARZ but still not bad ... good food selection, I had a prime rib sandwich, and they had Four Peaks Kilt Lifter on tap up there. I didn't think to ask if it was permanent, but it was only at one of the kiosks, and part of me thinks they MIGHT be badass enough to do a rotating tap, where they stock Molson when the Flames come to town, Yeungling when the Capitals, etc. If any town would do that, it'd be Vegas. Spent $120 to sit about halfway up the lower bowl and made most of it back at the poker table before fatigue finally caught up to me at about 1130. Bought a VGK puck and a sweet individual game puck (dual ARZ/VGK logos, 3 December 2017, etc)

HIGHLY recommend this trip ... great town obviously, needs to become a great rivalry.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
Haha what the hell at that website. One step below Infowars. Do you honestly read this crap?

Should probably brush up on your history.

On my way to the library...I hope they don’t need my picture when I renew my card.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
On my way to the library...I hope they don’t need my picture when I renew my card.

People generally learn that relying on the total and complete benevolence of others is a dumb idea by the time they hit their 40s. Do we need to talk about Santa Clause?

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
People generally learn that relying on the total and complete benevolence of others is a dumb idea by the time they hit their 40s. Do we need to talk about Santa Clause?

Insults now? Awesome! Santa would be a better topic than this.

You do know you give up far more freedom on your phone and the internet, than you do submitting to an MVD photo?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad