OT: Arizona Coyotes Lounge XIII -- Summertime Blues

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Didn't want to bump the arena thread for this (nobody likes seeing that thread at the top)

Anyone else go and have info to report back?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
In Gothenburg, Sweden for the weekend, just watched Frolunda 4:5 HV71 at the Scandanavium Arena. Sick game, hat trick for one of the Frolunda players but they lost in overtime.

Rasmus Dahlin is a smooth skater and a confident stick handler but I wasn't blown away like I thought I would be. Made a couple sloppy decisions and he got dusted for speed a couple times. Kind of a Sergei Zubov starter kit tonight, maybe. The center for HV71 Gustafsson looked physically strong, they had him in the slot on the PP a couple times, looked better than he did last month in Stockholm.

Standard reminder: Swedish hockey is great, not the cheapest but the atmosphere is like 3 NCAA games packed into one arena. Really enjoyable.

Reactions: Sthlmyote

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Curious to see how Dahlin adapts to NA ice. Svechnikov already has 2 years' experience under his belt having played in Barrie and the USHL.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
More on (or off) topic: I was "promoted" (call it what you will) to my church's choir director. First day of rehearsal was today/yesterday afternoon. I had no idea what I was doing and nitpicked some things that may or may not have helped, but I got them singing okay in the end of it. Also, this is backstage footage of me attempting to conduct:

pami6ds.png

Reactions: Grimes

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I think it would have been a nice gesture if all the major Phoenix sports teams wore patches in honor of Chester Bennington throughout 2017-18.
Why? It's tragic but lots of people kill themselves, Chester has no ties to the Coyotes so what makes him more special than any other Phoenix native who decided to commit suicide recently?

Reactions: Sthlmyote and CC96

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Speaking as a Blue Angels superfan, I only hope my kid's soccer game is done in time for me to get to Luke to see them fly.

Pro tip: The practice for the air show is on Friday (your kid got sick). You won't be allowed on the base unless you're authorized base access but lots of people pull over on the side of the road to watch.

2018 Luke Days

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Freddy! Glad he’s doing well. Never a lack of effort or attitude issue with him. He just didn’t have the hands. For Esses and Gees I looked up his stats from the year we drafted him: in the SHL he had 2g and 3a and in the WJC he had 0pts in 7gp. I think we’re a little safer with Dahlin. Haha. :)

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
More on (or off) topic: I was "promoted" (call it what you will) to my church's choir director. First day of rehearsal was today/yesterday afternoon. I had no idea what I was doing and nitpicked some things that may or may not have helped, but I got them singing okay in the end of it. Also, this is backstage footage of me attempting to conduct:

pami6ds.png

I pictured you being shorter.

Reactions: Jakey53 and MIG

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated

Freddy! Glad he’s doing well. Never a lack of effort or attitude issue with him. He just didn’t have the hands. For Esses and Gees I looked up his stats from the year we drafted him: in the SHL he had 2g and 3a and in the WJC he had 0pts in 7gp. I think we’re a little safer with Dahlin. Haha. :)

I wore number 20 during youth hockey because of Sjostrom. I emulated my game after him, worked on my skating until i was the fastest on my team. He's the reason why I fell in love with speed in the NHL. He was going to be my first jersey, but I didn't have the money. When i joined HF, I was going to go by the Username FastFredi, but I went with my nickname in hockey given to me by my favorite coach instead (rabbit, obviously.) I was originally rabbit3119, where i combined Cujo and Doan's jersey numbers after my nickname which was naturally inspired by my favorite NHL player at the time, Fredrik friggin Sjostrom.

I don't know why I'm saying all this. Just funny to think back at who your idols were as a kid. Lol, good for Freddy.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
So, I'm sure everyone by now knows about the emergency backup for Chicago who got into the game for 14 minutes last night, and saved all 7 shots he faced. Great story.

And, that would put him first in save % in the NHL, although obviously it doesn't qualify...except...

The first tiebreaker is number of saves, and there's another goalie this year who has a 1.000 sv%, but with 10 saves:

Marek Langhamer :laugh:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I don't know why I'm saying all this. Just funny to think back at who your idols were as a kid. Lol, good for Freddy.

I liked Freddie Sjo (as I called him) as well. In fact, I think I have a signed puck from his draft year in a box somewhere.

Reactions: RABBIT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad