HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
I dont recall that one bit, totally different types of players.

Both were good prospects unsigned going the NCAA route and Buffalo didn't need to wait on them both when they could cash in some of that value for immediate improvements with ROR and McGinn.

Something along the ones of 'We could afford to move Compher since we had so and so in the pipeline', whether that was Armia, Larsson, Fasching or whomever. I remember all of the players mentioned, I just know Fasching was one of them that was in front of Compher organizationally.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
He’s not going to be claimed if the worst team in the league gave up on him and then the third worst team in the league waived. Who’s going to claim him and keep him on their nhl roster sight unseen? Ottawa? Anyway, it wouldn’t matter if he did get claimed. He’s a bottom six ahl player.
A team desperate for RWs may claim him. We have too many RWs that are above him on the depth chart. Dunno both teams risk getting nothing out of this trade frankly.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A team desperate for RWs may claim him. We have too many RWs that are above him on the depth chart. Dunno both teams risk getting nothing out of this trade frankly.
Is he making an NHL roster? Unless he is, he clears waivers easily.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I also recall when the ROR trade was made part of the justification for trading Compher was that they had Fasching in the wings. Interesting outcome.
Oh my god people said something and then something else happened. I remember when Avs fans were ecstatic about Joey Hishon's development and then Brayden McNabb sent his brain into orbit and then he was never the same. What a bunch of fools... looking back of course.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Fasching is not a really strong skater to begin with, he's more of a power forward/along the boards and behind the net puck possession player with decent finishing ability imo, and he was hampered by a groin injury most of the 16-17 season, so his development sort of hit a brick wall then. He had a strong finish to the regular season with the Amerks this most recent season, I believe.

I was really rooting for Fasching... he has an amazing story posted above that's worth reading. I really wanted him to succeed. Arizona has a nice young nucleus they are building, so I hope Fasching can carve out a full-time NHL role there eventually.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
I also recall when the ROR trade was made part of the justification for trading Compher was that they had Fasching in the wings. Interesting outcome.

I feel for Fasching and Hickey . Both so young and they've already been traded a couple of times each.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I went back and read the initial trade thread Fasching (http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...-hudson-fasching-nicolas-deslauriers.1617621/) in 2014. Generally, positive reactions from Buffalo fans. How time changes things...
Yup. This is part of what I was trying to convey. Most liked the trade when it happened. Fast forward 3 and half years and the same people want to complain about how bad of a trade it was for us. I had no problem with the trade when it happened so I won't be a hypocrite and tell everyone how stupid Murray was to make the trade. McNabb was on the outside looking in and we had a ton of draft picks for currency. Maybe Cernak becomes a bottom pairing defenseman too, big deal. It was largely an irrelevant trade for both teams.
Hopefully both the Yotes and Sabres get something out of this deal now.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Both were good prospects unsigned going the NCAA route and Buffalo didn't need to wait on them both when they could cash in some of that value for immediate improvements with ROR and McGinn.

Something along the ones of 'We could afford to move Compher since we had so and so in the pipeline', whether that was Armia, Larsson, Fasching or whomever. I remember all of the players mentioned, I just know Fasching was one of them that was in front of Compher organizationally.

we could afford to move Compher because ROR was a beast. The only apprehension in the deal was Zadorov because we were buying ROR without a guaruntee he would sign

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
I'm pretty fond of Hickey, I think he can step in to the NHL next season, and could become a #4 D in time. I would think Buffalo would be an attractive option for him too with the BU connections and the Sabres' lack of defensive depth in his way of a roster spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->