Confirmed Trade: [ARI/BUF]Brandon Hickey and Mike Sislo for Hudson Fasching

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He would have been a freshman with Eichel at Bu wouldn't he?

Should help get him signed. Or they traded for nothing

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This is either a minor league trade or Arizona is gambling on Fasching being able to fill a bottom-6 RW spot for them, since they're weaker on RW than any other position. Sislo is a pure AHLer and Hickey looks like a pretty meh prospect.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
FTR, Fasching was highly regarded by the Sabres at one point but badly fell out of favour this season and found himself a healthy scratch in the AHL playoffs with Rochester.

Hickey was dealt last summer to Arizona in the Mike Smith deal.

Sislo is an impending UFA. I know part of Sabres GM Jason Botterill's plan for improving Buffalo is a stronger AHL franchise, I wonder if he plans to re-sign Sislo, a good AHL scorer, to help bolster the Americans.

Reactions: Chainshot

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is Hickey a piece of work? Or has he always just let teams know that he is waiting till he graduates and then sign where he chooses

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
FTR, Fasching was highly regarded by the Sabres at one point but badly fell out of favour this season and found himself a healthy scratch in the AHL playoffs with Rochester.

Hickey was dealt last summer to Arizona in the Mike Smith deal.

Sislo is an impending UFA. I know part of Sabres GM Jason Botterill's plan for improving Buffalo is a stronger AHL franchise, I wonder if he plans to re-sign Sislo, a good AHL scorer, to help bolster the Americans.

Should be. A winning culture in the A will hell when they get to the NHL

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Are Fasching and Hickey anything other than American League kinda guys?

I don't know what happened to Fasching's production last season, but when I watched him, I saw a big powerful skater with decent hockey IQ at both ends of the rink. I still think he can carve out a solid NHL career for himself as a bottom 6 player.

ETA: Don't know anything about Hickey, really -- what's his upside?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
From the Coyotes stand-point they traded a 30 year old AHLer, who was never going to play with the Yotes, for a 22 year old AHLer who could possibly be a 4RW. Hickey's an added bonus for Buffalo.

Reactions: iSophagus

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
The Hudson Fasching deal can be looked at as the definition of Tim Murray's tenure. Just the worst asset management you can think of.
He took a chance on a prospect he liked and it didn't work out. I'm sure Buffalo would be much better off with Erik Cernak, Alex Lintuniemi and a bottom pairing defenseman. Man what a blunder. :laugh:

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
It was quite a bit more than just a 2nd round pick.... the Sabres traded 2x2nd rd picks and Brayden McNabb for Hudson Fasching and Nick Deslauriers.

God, why did you remind us. I could have lived my life happily forgetting McNabb was part of the deal to acquire Fasching. In fact I'd like to forget everything Murray did for the organization. Well except the 4 word draft procedure, I would have kept him on staff just to have him announce our draft picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad