GDT: ARI(35-40-5) @ CGY(36-38-5) 6pm SNW, a farewell to the Desert Dogs

How did Conroy do in year 1?

• Total voters

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Down by 2 in the 3rd vs Sharks and 1 vs Coyotes and we play it "smart" and go for it. Absolute travesty. Do they even have these talks how to navigate strategically?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Down by 2 in the 3rd vs Sharks and 1 vs Coyotes and we play it "smart" and go for it. Absolute travesty. Do they even have these talks how to navigate strategically?

lol cmon you don’t really think Flames coaching staff/players give a shit where we draft. They are going to try to win every night, whether fans like it or not.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
lol cmon you don’t really think Flames coaching staff/players give a shit where we draft. They are going to try to win every night, whether fans like it or not.
Yeah, it makes no sense for the players or coaches to tank intentionally. They might be traded/fired a year from now so what's the incentive for them to help the Flames get a higher draft pick who might be a difference maker in five years.
Padding their individual stats at least can directly translate to a bigger paycheck when they sign their next contract. I'm sure Kuzmenko for example really wants to hit that 50 point mark just for the optics.

And besides, these are pro athletes, they're bred to win and compete since they've been kids.

Reactions: Summer Rose

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
I'd never want the players to intentionally tank. But you'd have to hope that the Management & coaching staff are at least weighing out all options, and tanking is IMO the best option right now.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sucks, I mean, at the end of the 6 v 7 v 8 is pretty equivalent at the end of the day.
Can't miss this pick one way or another.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Some people cry that we are not tanking in order to get a higher draft pick. They cry that we should be sitting players to let Wranglers play. They cry when we win. Then they will cry when they disagree with the draft pick.

Rinse and repeat.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
And this is exactly my point. It's ilogical.

Some people cry that we are not tanking in order to get a higher draft pick. They cry that we should be sitting players to let Wranglers play. They cry when we win. Then they will cry when they disagree with the draft pick.

Rinse and repeat.
That's not what I am saying. It was in our hands to manage games vs Sharks and Arizona.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Rest in peace, Yotes.
homer-simpson.gif

Feel for their fans.

Little late, but at least it was a somewhat entertaining game, goal scoring wise.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad