News Article: Are You Surprised By This?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
No Canadian bias involved. It's NHL Network. Otherwise Toronto would be there somewhere.

IMG_3778.jpg

PS Please Oct 4 come soon so we can talk about real hockey.

Reactions: kxx

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
I wish we could have cover photos, this would so be mine. This is going to be a fun year.

Do TO fans know yet? It could crash the board.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
No I'm not suprised, it's was a horrible list though. I could be wrong but all players on our team who made the list where ranked on the list behind where they ranked in points last season. I hate having to bring up Matthews but seriously... Scheifele, Wheeler and Laine don't crack Top 20 but he's number 8...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Zero suprises in seeing this. Last season with the emergence of Scheifele as a PPG player, Ehlers as a stud, and Laine as a breakout rookie we valulted past most teams as far as combined high end scoring talent.

The problem is we had crappy goaltending, poor discipline, crappy PK, injury issues, and bad coaching and yes I know the record is stuck,the record is stuck, the record is...........

The real question this year is will our goaltending, discipline, and coaching allow our skill advantage to take over?? We have the horses but that and 5 bucks won't get you anywhere in this league if you leak in net. Pens were going nowhere championship wise until Matt Murray arrived and they flipped coaches and they havehe highest top end skill.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

ARGD

Oct 18, 2016
I wish we could have cover photos, this would so be mine. This is going to be a fun year.

Do TO fans know yet? It could crash the board.

They have the 8th best player / 4th best center in the world, they don't care. :sarcasm:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
i hate having Laine on this list.
he's arguably nowhere near being a top 50 player...yet.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Zero suprises in seeing this. Last season with the emergence of Scheifele as a PPG player, Ehlers as a stud, and Laine as a breakout rookie we valulted past most teams as far as combined high end scoring talent.

The problem is we had crappy goaltending, poor discipline, crappy PK, injury issues, and bad coaching and yes I know the record is stuck,the record is stuck, the record is...........

The real question this year is will our goaltending, discipline, and coaching allow our skill advantage to take over?? We have the horses but that and 5 bucks won't get you anywhere in this league if you leak in net. Pens were going nowhere championship wise until Matt Murray arrived and they flipped coaches and they havehe highest top end skill.

Pretty much agree. We have tremendous talent on the roster, it really now falls on the coach to show he can utilize it properly. Not at all surprised by the ranking.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
If games were decided by top6 scoring only, I'd put a lot of money on the Jets making it to the SCF.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Dear person that made that graphical chart,

why not put those 6 tied teams with smaller logos next to each other in 2 rows of 3 logos instead of having a pretty much useless fourth section in there, absolutely wasting the chance of information with having a placeholder NHL logo instead?

your graphics and media-information nerd,

GJF

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Surprised they arent higher. Wheeler, Scheif, Laine, Ehlers, Little, Perrault, Buff, Trouba ????? Who has 8 players like that?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If , and i mean IF we get goaltending , this is a very good team . We have speed , size , scoring and if healthy , one of the best group of 6 defensemen in the league . Goaltending , goaltending , goaltending is what will make or break us .

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
If , and i mean IF we get goaltending , this is a very good team . We have speed , size , scoring and if healthy , one of the best group of 6 defensemen in the league . Goaltending , goaltending , goaltending is what will make or break us .
I'd add it also depends on how fast we get into our 8-10 depth D and other significant injuries.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
It's a very arbitrary thing but it lends a lot of credence to the talk of us having a top 5 roster, minimum top 10. Still think there's an outside chance we finish top 10 in the league this year with Maurice at the helm. We will see...

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
They have the 8th best player / 4th best center in the world, they don't care. :sarcasm:

I meant that a NHL network didn't mention TO directly in the tweet since, ya know, it NEEDS to be mentioned that they have the best in every article/post/thread on this board

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
It's bizarre that a rookie gets this kind of rank and McDavid is ranked higher than a back to back cup and Smythe winner, or really anyone on that list.

Hype/Hope/Projection ≠ Greatness

I liked AM34 going into the draft last year but I'm sick of this :(

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Better get used to seeing Matthews ~25 spots higher than he should be. That's an opinion that you can sell to Leafs fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->