Are you excited yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

Right after the Stanley Cup Finals I was pretty tired of hockey, but now I am started to get excited again. Only 30 days left until World Cup Trainingcamp or something!

How excited are you?

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
My summer vacation this year is going to Ottawa with a friend for the exhibition games, so of course I can't wait. 37 days :handclap: I've been going through hockey withdrawals, I haven't been to a live game since mid-April.

Korkki

Mar 6, 2002
Pori, Finland
I am excited about Finnish SM-liiga, not about the "World cup". I would like to see the best players playing but because NHLPA seems to make the team selections I couldn't care less...

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
it'll be good to see some national hockey again, it'll be somewhat of a preview (not completely assumnig som players decline in ability or retire) for the 2006 olympics assuming the comitee and the NHLPA can come to an agreement on playing in the olympics

Vic Rattlehead*

I can't wait for the World Cup. I can't wait to buy a Canada Jersey this summer with Joe Thornton's name and number on it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
19bruins19 said:
I can't wait for the World Cup. I can't wait to buy a Canada Jersey this summer with Joe Thornton's name and number on it.

Do any of you know a list of numbers yet. I am going to get Gagne or Thornton. ( Wish Primeau) Gags s/b 21 again as I assume Iggy will get 12. What will Joe wear , as Sakic will take 19 ? Mtl, I'm comng and hell is coming with me !!!!!!!!!! Can't freakin wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Bennysflyers16 said:
Do any of you know a list of numbers yet. I am going to get Gagne or Thornton. ( Wish Primeau) Gags s/b 21 again as I assume Iggy will get 12. What will Joe wear , as Sakic will take 19 ? Mtl, I'm comng and hell is coming with me !!!!!!!!!! Can't freakin wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I already got my Gagne jersey, I got 21 on it since that was his number for the Olympics and I assume he and Iginla will keep the same numbers as last time. Thornton could wear 91, are there any other 19s on the team now that Yzerman's out?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
SectionX said:
Right after the Stanley Cup Finals I was pretty tired of hockey, but now I am started to get excited again. Only 30 days left until World Cup Trainingcamp or something!

How excited are you?

How can anyone possibly get tired of hockey?

I'm pretty stoked though, if it's hockey I will watch.

alexk65

Jul 18, 2004
I cant wait to see lemieux play again, he didnt play hardly at all last season. He will light it up with alot of the young guns on canada!

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
SectionX said:

How excited are you?

Not very excited at all. Quite frankly, after witnessing Euro 2004 live, everything sports related seems like a huge let down.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Psycho Joe said:
Not very excited at all. Quite frankly, after witnessing Euro 2004 live, everything sports related seems like a huge let down.

That's what I feel like too!
And you can't forget about the olympics.

No German television network has bought the rights to broadcast the tournament yet, maybe I won't even be able to watch it. :shakehead

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I can see Sakic sticking with the "lucky" 91. That's the number he's always worn for international tournaments is it not?

If I were to guess, I'd see Joe T wearing 19.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I'm very excited about it. Can't wait for the round robin to start. I predict it'll be Canada 3-0 in the opening round robin. Russia 2-1, USA 1-2 and Slovakia 0-3. As for the Euro pool its really up for grabs. Canada is without a doubt the team to beat, but it has to be done on the ice.

mcfara

Jul 26, 2004
i am totally pumped...intl hockey is the best of the best and with no NHL likely this yr all i've got to root for is Team USA! the olympic bball gets me in an international mood and the world cup follows right after, i can't wait!

adam

Last edited by a moderator:

X0ssbar

I'm VERY excited - especially since Columbus is hosting the USA training camp with exibition games against Canada and Russia.

I am really looking forward to the Russian game and seeing (instead of reading) this guy named Ovechkin ;)

The arena district in downtown Columbus should be rockin once again.

http://www.arena-district.com

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Roughneck said:
I can see Sakic sticking with the "lucky" 91. That's the number he's always worn for international tournaments is it not?

If I were to guess, I'd see Joe T wearing 19.

Joe has always deferred to Stevie Yezerman as far as wearing the #19. With Stevie out of the tournament I think Joe Sakic will finally get to take "his" number back.

Who gets to wear what numbers is, for the most part, determined by seniority. Joe Sakic has a few years seniority on Joe Thornton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad