Are you a reactive or proactive fan? (crowd noise)

Are you a reactive or proactive fan?

• Proactive

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Reactive

Votes: 59 80.8%

• Total voters

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Kinda depends where I'm sitting. Uppers - reactive. Within a few rows of the glass, proactive.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
The most you'll hear from me is a modest "let's go" with a firm fist pump in public games lol. I'm proactive on the inside though.

Reactions: Rob

CaptainUgly

27 Time World Champions
Apr 22, 2018
Proactive. Drives me nuts seeing people sitting there not engaging into the game. Give up your ticket to someone who will

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well at least here in Finland, the point tends to be to cheer for the team at all times and we don't only sit up for goals.

Kinda weird, tbh, to go to a game only to not do anything there for 95% of the time. Might as well stay home and give the spot to someone who cares.

That's my opinion.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I'm pretty much inactive until a goal happens or I'm pissed that somebody wont shoot lol. I don't get annoyed until it's the dummy that incessantly bellows chants that aren't catching on with anybody else.

Or in the case of the PIT/DET game I went to in March, the frat boy directly behind me who wouldn't shut the hell about himself to his buddy the entire. F***ing. Game.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Proactive at the start of the game. Reactive after the first few minutes.

You gotta give me something to cheer for. Why should I get excited when I'm watching my team lose 3-0?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
It all depends on who is around you.

I am never the one who "sets the tone", per se, but if I recognize that I'm in a section that will pick up a good chant, usually I'll start some or at least be an early adopter when others do. Usually, this happens in the cheap seats.

When I'm in the lower levels and the whole row next to me is in dress shirts with their hair slicked back and they miss 8 minutes per period, nah, I don't bother being proactive.

In Ottawa, I've found the 200's and 300's by far better than the 100's. In Montréal, the 100's are a lot more electric despite being even pricier tickets. Which I always find interesting, because I know people still living who had to wear suits or fancy clothes when they started going to Habs games, and it was a very serious affair. Clearly, that sense of propriety didn't prevent them from being a rabid, engaged, very proactive crowd in the modern era.

It is probably a bit part of why I'm the rare Sens #1, Habs #2 fan. Hard to go to games in Montréal and not fall in love with the experience.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I think it’s really a two-way relationship between the players and the crowd.

Obviously you’re going to be cheering when they kick ass. Obviously you’re going to be quiet (or worse, booing) when they’re getting smoked.

Most of the time it’s somewhere in between, and it becomes more of a give-and-take. When a player makes a rush up the center lane, the crowd will pipe up in support. When a player throws his body around, the crowd will cheer. Technically that’s reactive, but it’s also the crowd proactively urging the players to play bold, aggressive hockey.

Also it depends on who the player is and what they're doing.

Brad Marchand going up the ice? Oh hell yeah, he's about to make something happen.

Kevin Shattenkirk going up the ice? Oh dear Lord, please just dump it before you screw it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad