Are we ready to admit that Reinhart is a bust?

Bust?

• Total voters

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Uhh.. if I'm comprehending posts here correctly, if he isn't a center, but ends up being a winger, he is a bonafide bust?

Asplund is in the pipeline. 4th line centers can always be found. We're okay if he's a winger that unlocks the potential of our all-stars..

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Is this the longest a thread this terrible has gone on unlocked?

Is it possible for a 20 goal scorer to be a bust?

Does anyone love any particular player on the Sabres more than someone loves Reinhart?

Should the very vocal Reinhart v Eichel din be allowed concurrently in this forum and the main forum?

Also good options for poll questions.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Counting stats still matter.

Dominating possession and not scoring at a high rate isn't what I expect of a player selected as high as Reinhart went.
The difference between Eichel and Reinhart at 5on5 is 0.07 points per 60 minutes of ice-time.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
The difference between Eichel and Reinhart at 5on5 is 0.07 points per 60 minutes of ice-time.
This is what I wish more folks were aware of. Not that it says Reinhart is a stud, but more because it tells you how far Jack has to go to catch the elite scorers in the league.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Have you ever made a post that wasn't Eichel vs. Reinhart? Give it a :banghead: rest.

Also, no. He certainly cannot be called a bust at this point. As for his production, that will come around fine once our team is not a tire fire.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
This is what I wish more folks were aware of. Not that it says Reinhart is a stud, but more because it tells you how far Jack has to go to catch the elite scorers in the league.

Or it could tell you that his scoring rate is depressed from being played too often. You'd need to track his points PPG as they change Minutes/game.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I'm not giving it a rest as long as this dumb double standard exists.

0ae7a13d04b5de6d130c596ecb230ada236834ca4d615c55cc34cb2781535f42.jpg

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
That Eichel gets a pass from most fans because he dazzles from time to time, and Samson gets crushed for not being explosive. At least that's what I think he means.

You'd need to be blind to think the rest of this board is giving Eichel a pass. He is being torched just as badly (and rightfully) as everyone else on this team right now.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I'd say his floor is Sam Gagner with a ceiling of David Legwand.

It's not exactly hindsight to say Reinhart isn't fast, dynamic or an unphysical player. Some of that was hidden while playing wing to Eichel. As soon as he is put at center, those flaws become glaring which is going to kill his value in the leauge. Management needs to make a decision on him soon and either move him to Eichel's wing so Sam can put up points again in order to trade him for a top defenseman, or go all in and hope Sam will be a solid #2 center. Considering that Sam will need speedy/skilled wingers to do all the dirty work, the second option seems like bad asset management to me.

You might want to review David legwand's career. Samson in his first two full seasons has put up numbers equivalent to legwands career years over a 15 year run.

So unless you think Samson is going to get worse as he physically matures, that projection seems a little low.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
You'd need to be blind to think the rest of this board is giving Eichel a pass. He is being torched just as badly (and rightfully) as everyone else on this team right now.

Just saying what I think alladyn meant. Tho I think it's fair to say that ppl will defend Eichel when he does something terrible like a mama bear. For Reinhart the only person who does that is alladyn.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Just saying what I think alladyn meant. Tho I think it's fair to say that ppl will defend Eichel when he does something terrible like a mama bear. For Reinhart the only person who does that is alladyn.
I don't think that's true. I think most people have measured praise and criticism for both of them as dictated by the situation and who recognize that they each have different strengths and weaknesses. You just have a few very opinionated people who either think Eichel sux because Corsi or Reinhart sux because pointz and ruin every thread.

This thread is a good example. The vast majority say Reinhart is definitely not a bust. Doesn't that count as defending him?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

Really? Is there a "Is Jack Eichel a bust?" thread?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I don't think that's true. I think most people have measured praise and criticism for both of them as dictated by the situation and who recognize that they each have different strengths and weaknesses. You just have a few very opinionated people who either think Eichel sux because Corsi or Reinhart sux because pointz and ruin every thread.

This thread is a good example. The vast majority say Reinhart is definitely not a bust. Doesn't that count as defending him?

Ha I think you misunderstood. The vast majority are all quiet and reasonable. Of the smaller opinionated group there are more frequent loud mouths against Samson than against Eichel when they make mistakes. Only talking about the crazy subgroup.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Really? Is there a "Is Jack Eichel a bust?" thread?
Let's see, in the "Is Reinhart a bust?" thread, so far 53 people say no and 4 people say yes. That doesn't mean he's getting heavily criticized, that means there are a few people with outlier opinions.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Ha I think you misunderstood. The vast majority are all quiet and reasonable. Of the smaller opinionated group there are more frequent loud mouths against Samson than against Eichel when they make mistakes. Only talking about the crazy subgroup.
Gotcha.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I like Samson and think he's proven himself to be a fine top 6 forward.

That being said, it's time for him to start showing signs of improvement and higher performance, or he'll be high on the list of worst 2nd overall picks. The bar is high.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I’d love for him to be more noticeable offensively at this point... but that’s not the case.

He’s not a bust. I want more, though. I’m sure he does, too.

Reactions: sabrebuild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad