This is being too hard on Maurice:

rRwRkM7.gif

What we're doing is kid stuff.

Reactions: blues10

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Reading up on a few of the Leaf threads - especially the more recent ones after a loss.
The look a lot like ours
Fans calling out Bab's as a disaster. Poor player / line management, match up's, etc
Keep in mind, this the super coach that TO has been calling out all season - but not any more.
Most of the comments are similar to what you will read in this thread and go something like this:

- Wrong line combinations / match-ups
- Not enough ice time for this player / too much for another
- Bad decisions, old school methodology, etc, etc.

So, are the TO fans wrong or are they just impatient? Are we impatient?

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
TO fans have 1 of the most decorated coaches in terms of cups and gold medals and all sorts of hockey related accolades.

We got the losingest or in History the worst NHL coach of all time in terms of losses as ours.

TO is impatient. WPG has had enough of the loser.

With Babcock... You know it will turn soon for them. With Maurice... Its truly the same old same old.

Reactions: blues10

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Does anybody here believe if Maurice takes us to win the Central--that the negative comments about him will stop ??--"I don't".:dunno:

Bottom line--you'll never please all the fans all the time !!!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
TO fans have 1 of the most decorated coaches in terms of cups and gold medals and all sorts of hockey related accolades.

We got the losingest or in History the worst NHL coach of all time in terms of losses as ours.

TO is impatient. WPG has had enough of the loser.

With Babcock... You know it will turn soon for them. With Maurice... Its truly the same old same old.

TO is a young team that is off on on - just like the Jets. My point is the coach is getting called out on both boards so it doesn't surprise me that it happens here. We call him a loser - the Leafs call theirs a dinosaur - no difference really, it's just another way to blame the coach for a poor performance.
Both Maurice threads go into high gear when we lose and they go silent (for the most part), when we're winning. Where do we have to be in the standings before we find something better to talk about than the history of our coach and his loss record?
Based on his record this year (unless you don't want to give him any credit) is above average - that's where I put him now unless the record at some point, proves otherwise.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
TO is a young team that is off on on - just like the Jets. My point is the coach is getting called out on both boards so it doesn't surprise me that it happens here. We call him a loser - the Leafs call theirs a dinosaur - no difference really, it's just another way to blame the coach for a poor performance.
Both Maurice threads go into high gear when we lose and they go silent (for the most part), when we're winning. Where do we have to be in the standings before we find something better to talk about than the history of our coach and his loss record?
Based on his record this year (unless you don't want to give him any credit) is above average - that's where I put him now unless the record at some point, proves otherwise.
Coach Q gets called out constantly on the Hawks board and he has 3 cups. It will happen no matter what.

Reactions: LowLefty

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
TO is a young team that is off on on - just like the Jets.

While both are young teams, Winnipeg is a fair bit younger on average:

upload_2017-12-16_18-29-36.png

Leafs are the arrow on the left, Jets are on the right. Full info here:

Winnipeg Jets in 2017‑2018 Regular Season

That chart above is a weighted average, based on TOI so you don't get skewed numbers because an older player plays a small amount of time on the 4th line.

Last edited:
Reactions: LowLefty

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
While both are young teams, Winnipeg is a fair bit younger on average:

View attachment 88455

Leafs are the arrow on the left, Jets are on the right. Full info here:

Winnipeg Jets in 2017‑2018 Regular Season

That chart above is a weighted average, based on TOI so you don't get skewed numbers because an older player plays a small amount of time on the 4th line.

thanks for posting that - I wasn't sure exactly where we stood against the Leafs but this is close to where I thought is was.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Every coach gets called out, its what fans do when things don't go as planned.

I think Maurice has been better this year. I didn't like his game plan at all last year and how he handled some things, but I have seen some growth from him in a number of areas. We for the most part are playing better at ES and on the PP. He still hasn't managed to inspire much confidence in me with is weird PK scheme.

I would also like him to start using Morrissey more on the PP as he is our most cerebral defenseman and he also moves the puck quickly and crisply. I find the other options that Moe is running with tend to take too long to decide what they want to do with the puck and don't always move it crisply.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Mo is doing far better than I expected this year. Based on his personel management and systems last year, I didn’t think that we would have any chance for the playoffs at all this year (despite all the talent). He is still is horrible at personel management and in game adjustments but I have been happier with some of his systems. An average or slightly below average coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad