Are there ANY NHL wrap-up shows available to Canadians?

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
There used to NHL network Canada until it folded. Then Rogers killed their evening hockey central show a few years ago. Now this year, TSN kills That's hockey tonight in favor of Jay and Dan. So are they any daily analyses shows of that kind left on TV or even online? I'm not talking about highlight shows. I also know TSN and Rogers has spot analysts on certain games per day but it is limited. I don't mind local radio podcasts, team website coverage or youtube channels but I prefer to have the option of national coverage with former players/coaches. Any left out there?

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Hmm, I had no idea that's hockey tonight was gone.

I can't think of any other shows like that.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
It's brutal, man. TH2N was my favourite.

I can't stand watching Sportsnet Central or Sportscentre as they'll spend 10 minutes talking about the Leafs, 10 minutes talking about the Habs and Oilers, then spend 2 minutes showing "highlights" of games I actually care about. Not to mention all the garbage NBA coverage they do this time of year.

I feel your pain.

SN or TSN needs to create a 30 minute hockey only wrap-up show that airs every night

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No - we used to have a Canadian version of the channel but it was discontinued. No legal way we can get the U.S channel as far as I know.

Well that sucks.

How does the country not have a channel for its national past time sport?

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
It's brutal, man. TH2N was my favourite.

I can't stand watching Sportsnet Central or Sportscentre as they'll spend 10 minutes talking about the Leafs, 10 minutes talking about the Habs and Oilers, then spend 2 minutes showing "highlights" of games I actually care about. Not to mention all the garbage NBA coverage they do this time of year.

I feel your pain.

SN or TSN needs to create a 30 minute hockey only wrap-up show that airs every night
On top of all this they treat MLS like a real, major sport. Soccer?!?

My Best-Carey

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Or is it possible that while some of you in this thread like such shows, overall, people just weren’t turning in. Personally, if I wanted to see highlights of a given game, I’d just go to nhl.com.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Well that sucks.

How does the country not have a channel for its national past time sport?

The nhl network seemed like it was based out of the TSN studios, with the way it was setup. I wonder if losing the national rights to Rogers had something to do with it, although it may have already been discontinued before that.

I thought it was a neat concept at first, but eventually, I forgot that it existed. The programming was too recycled, and the presentation felt 2nd rate. I don't miss it TBH.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The nhl network seemed like it was based out of the TSN studios, with the way it was setup. I wonder if losing the national rights to Rogers had something to do with it, although it may have already been discontinued before that.

I thought it was a neat concept at first, but eventually, I forgot that it existed. The programming was too recycled, and the presentation felt 2nd rate. I don't miss it TBH.

NHL Net isn't GREAT but it's still SOMETHING.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
NHL Net isn't GREAT but it's still SOMETHING.

Agreed. The main reason I wasn't a big fan of NHL network is because we had Hockey central and TSN That's hockey 2nite back then. (plus it was not in HD). But now that we have nothing I would actually get the channel even if it's in SD only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad